vx. "mistakes catch on"

The four of you immediately dried off and went slamming against your sleeping bags, heading straight off to sleep

The four of you immediately dried off and went slamming against your sleeping bags, heading straight off to sleep. But the moment you wake up, Senku didn't waste any more time and started working.

"Fortunately, Japan is a country with lots of volcanoes. It's an all-you-can-grab shopping spree on the core material for gunpowder," Senku grins excitedly as he mined a spot near the hot springs, revealing the minerals. "Sulfur!"

"You're very excited." You feel fond of Senku's expression as he mined for the minerals that dropped down to a bag.

"I've never had this much sulfur before!" You smile at Senku's enthusiasm for making something explosive.

"I wonder if Tsukasa noticed that we're gone," Yuzuriha says aloud, you figured that Taiju must have already caught her up about everything that happened.

"He's been breaking the statue of those people that are still petrified." Taiju fists his hands. "We have to put a stop to him!"

"Don't forget that that's what we came here for."" Senku then drops down a bunch of charcoal on the ground. "We've gathered all the needed ingredients for the gunpowder, all we have to do is mix!"

So then you combined the three ingredients together in one bag. First came in the sulfur, then the pieces of charcoal that were snapped into shorter sizes. What caught you scared you for a moment was when Senku brought up saltpeter, something that takes a stupidly long time to make. But all your worries disappeared when Senku pulled up with a decent sized bag of it; prepared in advance.

"That's about the right balance..." Senku finishes adding the necessary materials as you continue to stir the minerals together. "Well-behaved kids should never make this, ever."

"Then you probably landed yourself on Santa's naughty list."

"Do you guys think Santa was turned to stone too?" Taiju asks, earning a scoff from Senku.

You nudge Senku to stay silent. "Most likely," You reply.

Finally after stirring, all that's left is to hit it until it hardens. A job Taiju took over at.

"Leave the heavy lifting to me!" What made you think twice was the massive boulder that Taiju was holding.

"W-Wait Taiju! Let's think this through!" Yuzuriha, smartly, stops the guy. "If you hit it really hard, won't the gunpowder ignite—you know, like flint?!"

"No, actually, you can't get a spark by hitting two of the same rock."

"Yeah... about that." You hum, before you could even realize, Senku had already paled, and Taiju was already smashing the iron pyrite onto the bag of gunpowder.

"Oh shit—" You grab Senku's arm before the sparks from the bag eventually turn into an explosion.

His heart rate just spiked. Because of the gunpowder, not you.