xviii. "pretty things from your eyes"

After that little duel Chrome had with Senku (and technically you too but he doesn't want to mention that anymore), it was surprising to find out that the two had shared a common ground with one another; that being minerals and collectables that C...

After that little duel Chrome had with Senku (and technically you too but he doesn't want to mention that anymore), it was surprising to find out that the two had shared a common ground with one another; that being minerals and collectables that Chrome hoarded throughout the years.

Kohaku left you all to deliver the hot water to her sister before they lost their warmth, now you stood beside Senku, who was sitting down on the ground, as he heated some cinnabar. You preferred the other name for it; philosopher's stone.

Even though Senku technically owns a part of the village now, Chrome's warehouse, you were still mindful of Kinrou. Ginrou too but you figured he doesn't want to even talk to you by the way he has been very avoidant.

Compared to them, you were professionally trained by a licensed instructor when you did spear fighting, but you can tell that Kinrou can be a fierce fighter when it comes to it. It's up to him if you want to confirm that.

"Y/n, stop glaring." You stiffened at his reminder. A while ago, Senku scolded you at how you kept trying to intimidate the two guards from coming near him, you swore to him you'll try to not do it much anymore. Though sometimes you still get scolded even if you were just looking at them with your everyday face.

Chrome doesn't stop finding all of this weird. "How do you do that?" Chrome pointed at how your rigid scowl dispersed when you turn back to Senku and what he's doing. "You say something and It's like she just follows."

Senku looked back at him. "Ask her, not me."

Then Chrome faced back at you, starting to somehow grow over your stare. You shrug, "I just follow what he says."

"Yeah, but if I asked you to grab some—"

"Get them yourselves."

"Yes ma'am." Chrome stiffened.

Senku then stood up, baffling at the interaction between you and Chrome. Again, he doesn't even know what he did to have such an influence on you.

Then he went over and idly sat down in front of Kinrou, sticking his spear in a pot of mercury as if the guard didn't just try to attack him.

Then he carefully moved over to the fire, still holding the spear with the blade now coated with mercury. "Don't breathe in the gas, you'll die."

Kinrou stiffened at this. You were sure he was having an argument with himself if Senku was attacking him or not. But after a few minutes passed, the toxic fumes were now gone as the spear blade had turned into a golden one.

"There you have it; a shiny, golden spear."

Ginrou and Chrome gaped in amazement at the newly formed weapon, playing with their reflection at the smooth surface of it and gliding their finger through the golden layer. "What's the use of this magic?" Kinrou asked.