CHAPTER 6

Sydney's POV

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. Struggling to get out of my bed, I somehow reached my bathroom. I splashed water on my face and looked at the mirror. Staring at myself, i realized I was looking horrible. I wore my sweater and started thinking about last night. The flowers, the letter, the clock, the cat....wait! the cat???? Keeping this in mind I quickly ran downstairs. The kitchen looked clean; no shattered plates, no dirt, no cat. It all looked like nothing happened. Nothing happened?? If it didn't then those giggles? Flowers, letter? I'm so confused. I can't figure out what's real and what's hallucination. I dropped myself on the couch and closed my eyes. What am I supposed to do now? How can I ask for help when I myself don't know what's real and what's not.

Let's not waste time over this. I stood and went to the kitchen to make myself coffee. I heard the door bell ringing as I went and opened the door. The newspaper man handed me the paper, greeted and walked towards the next house. The early morning was beautiful and misty. 6:30, perfect time to start the day. I looked at the newspaper man having a conversation with the house's owner. I couldn't figure if it's male or female. I haven't greeted my neighbors, I should get some sweets or snacks; noting this I clutched my sweater and closed the door.

By the time I returned to the kitchen, the coffee was done. I poured it in my cup, held the newspaper and walked to the couch. Placing the paper and coffee I sat down. So what's the plan for today? First I'll see my uncle then I'll to the grocery store and I also need to buy sweets or cake. I took a sip of my coffee and opened the newspaper hoping I would find some interesting headlines. My hands turned cold when a particular headline caught my attention.

'RAGHU SINGH, 46, WAS FOUND DEAD IN THE DARK ALLEY OF PATHAN ROAD LAST NIGHT. HE WAS A SIMPLE POSTMAN. IT IS BEING SAID THAT HE WAS RETURNING HOME BEFORE HE DIED. POLICE ARE INVESTIGATING THIS CASE THOROUGHLY. MURDER OR SOMETHING ELSE, IT'S YET TO BE OUT".

I looked at the photo. He's the same man from last night. He's dead? No way. How is it possible. There's no details on how he died. Did he die naturally or....murder? I can't believe this. Taking a deep breathe I relaxed myself but from inside I was freaking out. I drank my coffee and rinsed it. Before going upstairs to get fresh, I locked my main door.

I was taking shower as I recalled the moment when Raghu came. I felt chills when I realized that while talking to him I strongly felt a presence above the stairs. I couldn't focus that time as I was feeling a bit disturbed and tired. Now I'm kinda scared. But still I can't make it if it was real or it was just a thing I felt because of tiredness. I took shower, distracting myself. I should not think about all these and stress myself out. Whatever it is I will try to figure it out.

I took my brown trouser and beige shirt out of my wardrobe. I got ready. Hanging my bag I wore my overcoat and watch, but as I was about to step out of my room, I stopped and went back towards my table. "Where is it? Where is it?" I said to myself as I searched my drawer. "Oh! There it is", I wore my pendant and looked at myself in the mirror. This was given to me by my grandmother. She told me to always keep it close and not let it out of sight. Finally done with everything I went downstairs.

I looked at my living room almost forgetting that I need to organize my things too. "Ah, so much work to be done". I sighed and took my house key and my phone. Okay let's go and have fun. Thinking this I started walking trying to find a taxi. Okay this isn't as easy as I thought this to be. Thank god it's winter.

I looked at my watch 9:45, "Perfect" I said as I spotted a taxi. I sat inside and told the driver to take me to the nearest grocery store to which he said that there's no grocery store near us it will take sometime to reach, with an okay he started driving. The guy was pretty friendly as he introduced some places to me upon hearing that I'm new here.

Just like this he dropped me near a store. I gave him money and looked at the building. It was pretty big but not too big. I went inside and started shopping. Mostly I got chocolates and chips. I also got two bottles of juices. And while I was just walking, somebody bumped into me bursting the wine bottle that the other person was holding. All the wine splashed over us and fell on the floor.

I gasped and looked at him. The guy was covered from head to toe. Black jacket, black pant, his white shirt was a bit visible as it wasn't tuck-in. what scared me was his left eye which was burnt, acid? His eye was so scary and I was too engrossed that I didn't hear the staff calling me. "It wasn't my fault, this guy over here-" I stopped as I saw no one there. "Where did he go he was just here?" I asked but froze when I felt someone breathing near my neck.

SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER GUYS, I DIDN'T REALISE WHILE WRITING. PLEASE BEAR WITH IT. THANK YOU.