Chapter 2

A week later, you're standing sitting across the famous baseball player, the last person you wanna be alone with.

////

"Hey [Name], are you free this friday? I have another important interview with Kenji but Chiho got really sick today and I don't wanna leave her alone." Amy says, sounding worried and stressed

"what? are you guys okay?" It was rare for me for Chiho to get sick, she had the immune system of ironman with the amount of vitamins and vegetables Ami makes her consume.

"Yes, thanks [Name], I hope you're doing okay there too. So, can you?" I say at Amy's request, I wasn't comfortable being around a guy, it's not that I don't like it, well...maybe I don't. Yeah I don't, but my best friend needs my help.

"Well can't you just cancel?" I innocently recommend

"I can't, really." Ami says, I sigh in resignation, I didn't want to let Ami down.

"Alright, I got your back on this one, Ami."

"Thank you, [Name]! I really appreciate this"

/////

"Good evening, Sir Kenji, May I record this interview?" I put up my phone displaying a record app

"Go ahead" Kenji smiles, drinking his cup of water

it's been months since my last interview as a substitute for Ami, what the hell am I even supposed to ask a famous dude when all I know is he got in a fight with the opposing team?

"So....are we gonna do the interview or..?" Kenji asks, making me snap out of my thoughts

"Yeah, yeah. Of course. Let me just.." I quickly grab my cup of water to buy some time for me to think things through, never should've prioritized those fanfictions over this interview...What team was he in again?

I slowly sip my water, catching a glimpse of him scrolling through his phone

Fuck this

"So, how's your motorcycle, Sir Kenji?" Who the fuck asks someone about their motorcycle in a professional interview? bullshit, I'm not even a professional interviewer, I'm a therapist.

"Which one? The motorbike I offered to drive you in last time?" What the? I quickly turn off the recorder and look around for anyone watching or listening

"Sir..if we could just, leave that one out" I try my best to force a polite smile

Kenji gives me a surprised innocent look, like he didn't know that would make me react "Oh, I apologize Miss Rayne, did I make you uncomfortable? I really didn't mean to." he looks sincere, is he a professional guilt tripper or is he just a kind person?

I scan Kenji's face discreetly trying to figure him out, but before I even finish he raises his hand and says

"I'll make sure to watch my words from now on, Miss, I hope you don't feel uncomfortable" so he really is just a kind guy.

"Okay, so.." crap why do I get a mental block now out of all times? should I use my therapist skills and start asking him about his trauma and ways to solve it?

"You don't know how to do this do you..." "No I don't" I quickly replied to him, there's no use in covering up. I'm dumb at this and that's the end of it.

I watch Kenji begin to eat the ramen in front of him "I understand, you can just tell your friend that I didn't come. I'll then apologize to her because I couldn't come, sounds believable"