Beginning

"[name] are you still on about those weird fanfictions that you read 7 hours a day?" Ami asks through the phone, she already knows the answer but hopes to have a different one. "Yeah, but it changed into 4 hours. I figured I had important stuff to focus on if I don't wanna cry about having no money" you chuckle, hearing Ami sigh at the other side of the phone.

"Alright, alright. [Name], I have a favor to ask" Ami asks in a pleading tone, she knew you were gonna agree anyway, you loved Chiho like a grand daughter.

"Can you maybe come over to babysit Chiho? I have a really important interview."

"Alright, when should I come over?" you ask while checking your schedule and calendar if you were gonna have a busy day or not, you were free for a week.

"On wednesday this week, 10am, is that alright?" It was currently monday, meaning you had 1 more day to prepare or maybe just go out and treat yourself "Okay, I'll go."

Ami smiles behind the screen, appreciating the favor "Thank you, [Name]. I owe you big time"

"Don't think about it, Ami. Who are you gonna interview anyway?" You ask in curiosity

"The famous baseball player" Ami says in excitement, you roll your eyes "Ami, there are so many baseball players"

Ami chuckles "It's the famous Kenji Sato, does that ring a bell?" You think for a while and remember "Oh yeah, that dude that got in a fight with the opposing team? that dude was bigger than him" You laugh, imagining the scene.

"Out of all the things you can remember, you really remember that, huh? Yeah, that Kenji
Sato" She laughs with you "I heard he has a big temper, your patience as a mother will be of big use".

"Hey, that's kinda underestimating him, he was somewhat kind and patient" Ami opposes, trying to defend the guy "Alright, have fun with your interview." You chuckle in resignation, you were in no position to judge a person's entire personality anyway.

There is a silent pause between your conversation as you hear Chiho talk to Ami, asking her to go out and roam around, you smile at their conversation and look around realizing how lonely it can get in your house, you were used to it but sometimes crave company.

"[Name], I gotta go now, my daughter wants to go out" Ami says in a hurry but still trying to sound polite "Alright, you guys stay safe." You reply before the call ends.

The eerie sound of silence fills your ear, you check the time and see that it was already 12pm. "Time flies too fast these days" you think to yourself before you stand up to get ready for your shift.

You only had 1 more hour to get ready so you quickly take a bath and changed clothes, you put on a bit of makeup, applying a small amount of makeup has become a habit for you as you've gotten used to seeing it on you. It was like a skincare for you.

°°

[Name] Rayne, A 23 year old female working as a therapist. She is also the best friend of Ami Wakita, who sometimes pays her to be a substitute in her scheduled interviews in case she is too busy.

[Name] also reads fanfics and physical books by night, it's a part of her night routine. She loves reading romantic books, the only twist is that she is not into having a relationship herself. She believes that if a boy does not even meet at least 10 of the over bare minimum things then she shouldn't even bother looking their way, she has high respect for herself.