Chapter 3- 'friends'

Hey guys!! New chapter here finally. I was too busy watching char's new vid and re-reading "I know the end.." by youaremyangel40904 I 100% most definitely recommend. I love it. One of the best books I've ever read and it's not even finished😭🫶Anyway, chapter 3:

MIA'S POV
—————
Finally, lunch time. That means I can go and see Charlotte, to look around, of course..
She told me to meet her at the front office and so I did, and things just went from there.

"Huh, I realized I've never gotten your name.." she said, clearly curious. "Amelia. I prefer Mia though." "Ok Amelia, let's get going." I knew she was going to do that. Most people do, maybe I should stop saying the same thing over and over then. "So this is where the science classes are, wait. Let me see your schedule and I'll show you where your classes are." I gave her my schedule, and our hands touched. Her skin is so soft, like I want to hug her but I don't want to scare her so I don't think so. These past years I've been through so much and I really need a hug after everything. "Oh! After lunch all of our classes are together! How cool!!!" "That's good, at least I don't have to worry about making friends in those classes then." Shoot Mia, why? She didn't say we could be friends, although I would like to be more than that. "If you would like to be friends that is." I shoot out quickly, desperately trying not to scare her away. "Friends. I would like that." She says. "Alright, let me show you where we eat! I'll introduce you to my friends, and you will fit right in!" Yea sure.. like that has ever happened before.

Char grabs my wrist gently, and brings me to where they eat. It's like an outside restaurant, you could think about it like that. She brings me to her table, and I instantly spot Reece. Reece and this other girl. They look like a couple, and they are much cuter together than with me and Reece. "Hey guys!! I would like to introduce you to someone I met!" Char said excitedly, so I wanted to seem excited too. No one really seemed to care, it seemed like she was getting left out. "Yes my love, who would you like us to meet?" One of the girls says, and shoots a look at me right before Charlotte could say anything: "this is Amelia! Well I guess you could call her Mia, if it's okay with her obviously. This is Reece, Marjorie, my boyfriend Dylan, and Carly. Carly is not in our age group, she is only 13, but it's fun to have her around. Marjorie is in the same year as us, year 11, and she has some classes with us too! Dylan is in the same year as Reece. We have been dating now for 2 years!" She just told me a whole essay about her friends, but I listen to all of it, and every detail. I see her wearing that fake smile that she wears almost all the time, and I think I will ask her about it later. "Oh yea!! And Reece-"

"Reeceyyy" I say, and he looks up from Marjorie with an almost pale face. "Wow, you two are such a cute couple. Marjorie, are you too official yet?" Knowing full well it would get on his nerves, but I don't like him, so it's okay. As I'm talking, I see Charlotte standing there confused, as she thought I didn't know anyone. "I- I .. umm..." she was speechless, I guess that question has never popped up.
I see the way they look at eachother, and I couldn't care less if they get together. "Mia, back off. There is no such thing as me and Marjorie, okay?" Reece said, and I can see Marjorie looking down fiddling with her bracelets. "Reecey just so you know, I couldn't care less if you guys got together, I have my eyes on someone else.." I said as I winked and walked away, catching up to Charlotte.

Chapter 3 doneee! The next chapter will come out tomorrow or the day after, I have a lot of things to do tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll have the time to post chapter 4 but I'm exited for the next chapters🩷

742 words.