Part 4

"Release her now."

He said once again his tone became gradually more aggressive than the last time he spoke as he placed his hand on the handle of this sword.

"What if I don't."

The person said the voice was extremely familiar and Thomas realized

"If you don't, things will get messy. Lucas ."

Thomas drew his sword in an instant with a noise of metal being removed from it's sheath. he was being serious and Lucas knew it was about to get mesa if he didn't listen. so he did the only smart thing he could he released the princess, and she fell to the ground with a grunt as Lucas took off running through the Garden.

"Are you alright, your Highness?"

Thomas asked sincerely as he put his sword away and ran up to her. roxan nodded and Thomas helped her up before he took off running after the man roxan walked back to her room quickly. She went straight to her window and sat down in front of it looking at the garden as thoughts flooded her head. Even though it was about 10 minutes it felt like hours before Thomas had returned he walked through the garden. He looked up towards Roxan's window, nodded as he saw her storing down into the Garden at him then walked inside and up the stairs towards Roxan's bedroom door.

"Where were you, Thomas?"

Roxan asked in a slightly stern tone while she still faced the window

"I chased him down, your highness"

"And was he caught?"

Thomas hung his head slightly

"No, your Highness, he fled the kingdom."

He responded with a hint of disappointment

"Oh alright then. So I'm still at risk of danger?"

she turned to face Thomas her gaze Stern with light worry Hidden behind her eyes.

"Yes, princess."

Thomas responded disappointed in himself as he looked into Roxan's eyes.

"Alright, then I have an order."

she looked Thomas back in the eyes her tone slightly more stern

"What is it, your Highness?"

Thomas asked as the disappointment disappeared from his tone

"I need you to teach me how to protect myself."

"What will your parents think? Is that allowed?"

"They won't like it and no it's not."

" I can't disrespect my king and queen,"

"You aren't assigned to them you're assigned to me. That was an order."

Roxan replied her tone starting to hint with frustration.

"Yes your Highness, shall I tell your parents?" 

Thomas replied

"No, we must keep this our secret. Do you understand?"

Roxan was quite serious about this and Thomas could tell. Thomas hesitated before he replied he nodded his head to Roxan

"Yes, your Highness,"

He signed softly before turning to walk out of her room.

"Thomas."

Roxan said as he has reached the door.

"Yes Roxan?"

Thomas said as he turned around to face the princess once more

"Who was it?" 

Roxan asked sternly

"Who was who?" 

Thomas asked as a lump formed in his throat. Roxan took a step closer to him.

"Who tried to harm me"

she asked in a lower tone

"I'm not sure."

Thomas asked as the lump seemed to get bigger he shouldn't be keeping this from her and he knows it. yet he refrains.

"Don't lie, you said his name while he was holding me."

Roxan stepped closer once again and narrowed her eyes as she looked up to meet his eyes better.

"If you know I said his name why are you asking, Princess"

Thomas said in a cocky tone

"Why are you getting cocky with me Thomas, that is no way to treat a princess."

Roxan replied still staring at him with narrowed eyes and a Stern Tone. She was clearly not having it in this moment. She wanted to know and Thomas could tell just by her look.

"My apologies princess"

Thomas said with a nod as if all his confidence vanished from his tone and look.

"Thank you, so who was it?"

Her stare relaxed slightly as she continued to look up at Thomas.

"Prince Lucas."

"Of course it was thank you, Thomas, you shall start training me tomorrow early morning before my parents awaken." 

Roxan replied as she turned around to walk back towards her window

"Understood."

"You may leave now and shut the door behind you,"

"Yes, your Highness."

Thomas nodded and walked out of Princess Roxan's room and shut the door. Roxan relaxed immediately and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as Thomas shut the door behind him. She turned back towards the window as she looked out once more to where she was just held hostage by Prince Lucas. 'what is his problem? how much of a risk am I at with him.' her head flooded as she sighed as she shut her window completely and closed her curtains over it to rid of any light illuminating her room. she walked towards her bed she took her dress off her bed and hung it on the wash rack where one of the maids would come to collect tomorrow to wash the clothing. She put her shoes back in the closet and went to lie down for the night.