Dating in the 21st Century

Friday at Blahco. Marian and Robin are in their office, both working. Marian has been somewhat nervous today. Robin can tell because she keeps checking the clock for some reason. If he didn't know better, he would think she is anxious about Robin's date with Aurora tonight. But Robin hasn't given Marian that information yet, so it can't be about his date.

Robin looks at the clock. He wants to plan it perfectly so he has enough time to get from here to the date location. He doesn't want to get caught in traffic and have Aurora waiting for him. What type of message would that send to her about him? Robin takes off his headphones. He is going to leave five minutes early today just to be sure. He quietly starts logging off his computer. He doesn't want Marian to notice because then she will want to talk about the date. He is feeling too nervous about the date and would rather not talk to Marian while he is feeling anxious. He isn't the nicest person when he is anxious.

Robin is almost successful in sneaking out, but his jacket was caught on the back of his chair and the chair made a loud noise when he tried to pull the jacket off. Robin flinches. He knows that Marian definitely heard that. Marian looks over at Robin. Then she looks at the time and realizes that Robin is leaving early. He never leaves early. Marian asks, "Do you have a doctors appointment? You normally don't leave before me." Robin starts to feel nervous. He doesn't want Marian to know about Aurora just yet.  Robin decides to answer in short syllables so that Marian doesn't take up so much time with her pestering. Robin, "Nope." Marian starts to get a little suspicious. She can smell a date when its this close. Robin wore different clothes than he normally does and did his hair. That alone should have clued her in, but Marian has had other things on her mind today. She has been distracted.

Marian, "Are you going somewhere?" She crosses her arms as she asks. She is sad that he didn't tell her about the date. But then it's Robin, he always keeps things to himself. Robin responds again, "Yes." Marian's eyebrows start to furrow. She knows why he is leaving, but not where. "Somewhere that closes early?" Robin replies again, "yes." Marian rolls her eyes and is frustrated. "Robin! Why are you giving me one-word answers?" Robin doesn't respond. Instead he stands up and starts making his way over to the door to leave. Marian gets up to intercept him. She points at him, "Do you have something to hide?" Then she gets all excited and grabs him by his shoulders and shakes him, "Are you going on a date with Aurora?!!!!" Robin's turn to roll his eyes. Marian always over reacts to everything.

Robin clears his throat, "it's not a date." Marian starts doing a happy dance. "Robin is going on a date!! Let's GO!!!" She says this in a sing-song voice. Her happy dance includes shaking her hands in the air and a little swirl. Robin tries to get outside there office now that she has taken her hands off him. But Marian leans an arm across the doorway and stops him from leaving. Robin looks annoyed. Is she really going to do this while he trying to leave? He folds his arms  and looks at her with disdain. "I don't know what the big deal is. I have been on a date before. Marian points at him and corrects him, "Yeah, but one person who you knew for years. Before you leave, I should give you some love guru advice. This is the perfect time for it. Since you haven't gone out in a long time." Robin takes a step back into their office and closes the door. "First, stop calling yourself that. Second, this isn't a date. Just say whatever you want to say, but don't take too long. I need to be there in 25 minutes."

Marian looks so happy at the fact that she kept Robin here. She was completely unprepared for the fact that Robin was going out tonight and so she didn't have advice ready to go. She tries to gets more from Robin so her advice can be specific, "Where exactly are you taking her?" Robin looks at Marian, "Aurora planned it. I am not telling you where we are going." Marian looks down her nose at Robin. "Good idea having Aurora plan the date, she probably has more experience dating." Robin banters back, "I didn't do that on purpose, she just already had somewhere in mind when we talked about hanging out." Marian looks at Robin again, "are you really going to give me nothing about where you are going or what you are doing?" Robin sneers at Marian, "No way. You would totally stalk us." Marian looks appalled, "I would.....feel really bad while I did it though." Robin shakes his head no. He isn't budging. Marian folds her arms and accepts her fate, "fine, you villain. I guess I will just have to stick to the most basic of advice."