Chapter 15

Dedicated to mehibby

***

As I drove home, I couldn't understand why Max was going out with her. Meghan, of all the people at school, he chooses to go out with her. At least it's not Emma that he's going to the movies with.

I don't understand why I'm so worked up about him going out though. I figured he would have a girlfriend when I came back and it's not like he's my boyfriend or anything.

I parked my car into the driveway and stepped inside. The lights were off meaning my mom wasn't home from work as yet. I went into the kitchen and tried to find something to eat. As I was I fixing my dinner, the doorbell rang. I hadn't invited anyone over so I didn't know who it could be. I got to the door and opened it. Standing there was the last person I wanted to see.

Kyle stood outside my door leaning against the doorframe.

"What the hell do you want, Kyle?"

"You're never excited to see me, are you?" He said pushing past me.

"Sure, come right in. It's not like I was doing anything important" I told him closing the door. I walked behind him as we walked into the kitchen.

"It doesn't look like you were doing anything important." He said to me as he glanced around. He sat on the stool at the island as I went to do the dishes.

"I honestly just came home. Is there a reason you barged into my house?"

"Two things, one I didn't barge into your house, you let me in. Second, I came to talk to you." Kyle said leaning over on the counter. He took the dish rag and started drying some of the dishes.

"Thanks, but you don't have to help me." I told him.

"Well I did technically barge into your house. So I wanted to know how you feel about us being friends again, like before?" He told me.

I turned off the water and turned towards him.

"I honestly don't know. For one, you cheated on me with Emily, who at the time was one of my best friends. You lied to me on multiple occasions."

"Well I do apologize for the lying and cheating, I do want us to be friends." He said, smirking. "Plus, you can't tell me that you don't miss me.

"I don't miss you." I told him.

"Now who's the one lying?" He told me. I glared him.

"Too early to start making jokes?"

"Yes way too early. I will think about us being friends again but could you leave and I'll tell you at school." I told him, ushering him towards the door.

"Okay I can acknowledge that you need time to think about it." He told me while walking out.

"Bye Kyle." I told him as closed the door. I went back to the kitchen and made my dinner. Once I ate, I went to my room and tried to finish my homework for the night. As time passed I thought about what Kyle said. I don't know if I should be friends with him again. He hurt me a lot but I guess he should have another chance again. It's not like I'm taking him back as my boyfriend. Nothing could be wrong with that, I hope. As the hours passed by the garage door opened and I heard my mom come in.

"Danielle!"

"Coming mom!" I yelled as I went downstairs.

"How was your day?" She asked as she was taking off her coat and putting the keys on the fridge.

"Fine, how was yours?" I asked her as I sat down in one of the kitchen stoles.

"Very long."

"Did you eat?" I asked her. She sometimes has the tendency to forget to eat meals since she's always working.

"Yes I ate before coming home. Thanks for worrying about me." She told me.

"Oh well Kyle came by earlier. Don't worry he didn't try anything, he just asked me if I wanted to be friends again."

"Well what did you tell him?" She asked me while getting a drink from the fridge.

"I told him that I would think about it."

"Well its your decision but I don't think it would be a good idea. You may be opening yourself up to getting hurt again."

"Well I think he's changed mom."

"People change but he lied to you repeatedly, remember that. Something to that magnitude shouldn't be forgotten. Well I am going to go to bed. I'm very tired and I have to go to work earlier than usual tomorrow. I have a meeting at 6." She told me while kissing my head and going upstairs.

"Love you too." I said getting up from where I was sitting. I turned off all the lights and went upstairs. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. As I was getting ready for bed, I couldn't stop thinking about being friends with Kyle again. I don't think it would be that bad to be his friend again.

***
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in so long. I couldn't think of anything to write and my life has been very hectic lately. I will try my best to update as often as I can. Sorry again. Also I am looking into co-writing with someone if anyone is interested.