Chapter 5

I woke up this morning feeling alright. Considering I was horrified.

I knew Jack told me he loved me last night on the phone, yes. On the phone but I knew he meant it and I said it back.

I feel like telling Jacks mom we love each other tonight would just make it worse. I'm so afraid she won't understand. But then again.. If Jacks not afraid, why should I be?

I got dressed in some skinny jeans and a striped tank top before throwing on my big grey hoodie and then poured myself a bowl of cereal.

As I was eating my phone vibrated in my pocket.

"New Text from: Jack <3" it displayed.

"Morning babe <3 I'm off to class now so ill pick you up around 5. Don't get too nervous and start biting your lip off again. Haha :) can't wait to see you tonight. <3" it read

"Morning :) I'm about to head to class too. Ill try not to bite my lip off but no promises. Lol can't wait to see you! Love you <3" I replied smiling, mostly nervously.

I placed my phone down on the counter as I got up from the stool to rinse out my bowl in the sink. Once I was done my phone vibrated again.

Another text from Jack.

"Love you too <3" he said. Causing me to smile, this time the nerves had nothing to do with it.

I looked at the time and I was late. I should've left 10 minutes ago! I slid on my toms and grabbed my bag and keys and ran to my car.

When I made it to the school I was 5 minutes late for class.

When I walked in the room every single student stared at me as the teacher stopped the lecture he was giving.

"Ahhh Danielle glad to see you could make it today." He stated sarcastically.

"Sorry. I was running late." I mumbled burying my face in my hair to hide my red face as I sat in my seat.

Now I was back at my apartment watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and laying on the couch with Slinky.

I just got off the phone with my mom and I explained everything to her about Jack and I and she completely understood.

She was a little skeptical at first but once I explained the details she was so happy for me. For us. And she said she couldn't wait to meet him sometime soon.

I ended up falling asleep and woke up to my phone vibrating next to my face. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes to see Jacks name on the caller ID.

"Hey babe." I said fighting a yawn.

"Hey. I'm guessing I woke you up?" He laughed

"Yeah, but it's a good thing you did considering its 4:00. FOUR! I HAVE TO GO GET READY!" I yelled after glancing at the clock.

"That's why I called." He laughed again. "You weren't answering my texts so I figured you were asleep. Ill let you go get ready now. You don't have to rush though, even if you're not ready when I get there I can just wait in the car."

"Ok, thanks for waking me" I laughed "Love you, bye"

"Love you too, bye!" We laughed before ending the call.

I quickly jumped up and ran and got in the shower. When I got out I grabbed my black leggings and slid them on before putting on a long dressy, but not to dressy sweater.

I dried and curled my naturally red hair and then put on some eyeliner. I usually don't wear make up unless I'm dressing up but I felt like I needed to impress this woman as much as possible tonight.

Surprisingly I was done getting ready when Jack called and I poured some more food for the dog and grabbed my bag before heading out to meet him in the parking lot.

"Oooh, new wheels?" I asked noticing the small car where the minivan would be.

"Yep." He laughed opening my door and closing it after I got in.

"My dad found it cheap at a used dealership. It's definitely nothing fancy but, hey it's mine and I didn't have to pay for it." He finished, laughing again after getting in the drivers seat.

"It's nice." I said. And it was, one of the nicest used cars I've seen anyway.

"You're doing it again" Jack said pulling me back from my thoughts. Making me realize I was biting my lip.

"Sorry." I laughed nervously "I'm just so nervous."

"Everything will be fine. She'll love you." He said taking my hand as he drove with the other.

"What if she doesn't though Jack? What if she hates me and hates the fact that were together?" I said

"Hey, don't say that" he said looking at me for a second before turning to focus on the road again.

"She won't hate you. She might not approve of us right away but over time she will. She'll love you. I love you." He finished squeezing my hand tighter as he said the three words that made my stomach do cartwheels.

"I love you too" I said, staring at the way our fingers fit together perfectly. This moment just proved to me that one way or another, this would all work out. It had to.

There is no doubt in my mind that we're supposed to be together.

I know it's all happening so fast, but shouldn't that just prove how real it is? That we just met a few days ago and already had instant trust in each other? That we can both know and say out loud that we love each other?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is kind of just a filler chapter because I was bored. Sorry if you were expecting Jacks mom, I promise it will be in the next chapter!

Thanks for reading :)