Chapter 6

This was it. The moment of extreme discomfort.

Jack squeezed my hand reassuringly as his mother opened the front door and smiled at Jack.

When her stare landed on me, her smile completely disappeared.

Oh boy. Here we go.

"Please, Come in." Said Jacks father as he rested his hand on his wife's shoulder to gently move her out of the way of the door.

As we made our way through the door Jack turned to shut it behind us.

"It's nice to finally meet the girl Jack doesn't stop talking about. I'm Bassam, Jacks father." He smiled extending his hand for me to shake.

I blush and quickly turned to see Jack doing the same before turning and shaking his fathers hand.

"I'm Danielle. It's great to meet you too." I smiled

His mother stepped forward towards us. Still no expression on her face as she searched me up and down causing me to shift uncomfortably.

"I'm Joyce." She said plainly

"Nice to meet you" I smiled.

She turned and made her way to the kitchen. As if she was pretending she didn't even hear me.

Wow. Ok.

Jack let out a sigh and whispered a "sorry" in my ear. "It's fine" I mumbled back.

"Sorry about that." Jacks father said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Would you like anything to drink?" He asked

"Bassam. Can you please get in here and start grilling the chicken." Jacks mom called plainly from the kitchen.

"I can get the drinks dad, don't worry. Just go help mom." Jack said from beside me.

We made our way into the kitchen just as Jacks parents were making their way to the grill outside.

"I'm so sorry about my mom. Don't take it personally, she just needs some time." He said softly wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in for a hug.

"It's fine, really." I said as I placed my hands on his chest and leaned up and placed a soft, loving kiss on his lips.

But it wasn't completely fine. The way Jacks mom was acting, and knowing I was the reason why was making me feel so bad.

"So what do you want to drink?" He asked pulling away from the hug and smiling at me.

"Waters fine." I smiled back.

Jack got a cup from the cabinet and went to the fridge that had a built in ice and water dispenser on the door.

He filled the cup with ice and then moved to the water.

As the cup started filling up it sprayed water all over his shirt when it hit the ice cubes.

I started laughing hysterically and Jack turned to me.

"Oh, you think that's funny?" He grinned evilly as he place the cup on the counter and wrapped me in a bear hug. Pressing his wet shirt into my chest to get my shirt wet too.

"Jack, stop!" I squealed, still laughing.

He pulled away right before his dad walked into the kitchen.

"Why are you guys all wet?" His dad asked, looking at our shirts.

"We got sprayed getting water." I explained and he laughed.

I smiled. At least his dad likes me.

"Oh yeah, you gotta watch out for that. The darned thing gets me every time." He laughed