vi. baby bird

baby bird.

the lead up to the 68th hunger games

Freyja watched Nolan let out a heavy breath as he shook his hands in an attempt to relieve his anxiety

"They're all going to be looking at us, aren't they?" Freyja asked, her gaze fixed straight ahead at the closed elevator doors.

"Finnick said we were the only ones who had a private session yesterday." Nolan nodded.

"Great." Freyja muttered as the elevator lurched to a stop and the doors slid open.

Eyes were immediately on them, just as they had suspected.

About half of the other tributes were already there and were eyeing them down as a peacekeeper guided them to stand in place for the head trainer to give her morning speech.

As more tributes filed in, Freyja's eyes once again caught the fearful ones of the girl from District Three.

Nolan noticed her gaze, "Hey." He muttered, making her look back at him as the last of the tributes filed in, "You okay?"

The girl nodded as she let out a shaky breath, "I'm trying to be."

Silence washed across the training room as the head trainer did her morning debriefing, reiterating some of the rules - such as no physical fighting between tributes - before she left them to go and train.