Chapter 6: Pre Confrontation

A/N: sorry for the long wait but here's the next part.
It's shorter than normal but that's because I'll be adding a good and bad ending
∞✦∞✦∞✦∞✦∞✦∞✦∞✦∞✦

Light stood as Watari began to put wires on him. He thought back to the day before.

L had been able to contact M/N, who didn't bother using a voice changer. He did use a screen to cover his face though, the one all Kira's have used with the big 'K'.
Both of them were broadcasted through the area on jumbo screens, tvs, radios, etc.
"Since you're not using a voice changer," L started, still using his own voice changer. "I'm going to assume you don't mind if I use your real name."
"Not at all," M/N responded through the screen.
"Alright then, M/N," L said. "We got your message. Actually, you're intended target did." He was going to continue but Kira spoke.
"Then I'm sure he decoded it."
"Yes, he did. He'd like to speak with you."
There was an uncomfortable silence from M/N's side.

~with M/N~
In the small room he sat in, his laptop was opened on the table in front of him. A large "L" in black stared at him; the bright white background behind it lighting up the dark room.
His finger moved on the directional pad of his laptop. The cursor hovered over the mute button for a split second before it was clicked.
The male sat back in his chair. Eye lids closed over e/c orbs as the musician thought.
"What are you gonna do?" asked a voice from the other side of the room. A crunch sound followed the question.
He sighed.
"I don't know Ryuk," M/N answered him. His fingers danced over the fresh cuts from a few hours prior. "Before I'm gone," he opened his eyes. "I have to find a way to give him back the sheets of the Death Note."
He sat back up and quickly unmuted himself.
"Fine." He spoke.
The men in the office let out a breath they didn't know they were holding.
"But," M/N started again. "he will come alone."
"Good. We both thought the same," L responded.
"I'll contact him with the information and time." With that, M/N cut the signal.

A minute later, Light's phone buzzed. He made himself appear frantic as he whipped his cell out of his pocket. He had to seem like he cared about his boyfriend, even though he didn't.
He didn't care... right?
Pushing that thought aside he read the message he had received. He read to himself in his head before stating what it said to the group of people watching him.
"A warehouse," he finally spoke. "That's where he wants to met. He also says that he understands if other people come, it would be dumb for him to assume that I'd be let to travel there alone. I'm just the only one allowed inside." Light looked at the others in the room.
"A warehouse?" Aizawa spoke. "Kinda cliche don't you think?"
"Who cares if it's cliche or not," the older Yagami scolded. "All that matters is we have a location."
Ryuzaki popped a sweet in his mouth.
"Yes, but I think we should assume that Y/N has killed the people at the warehouse, or taken them hostage somewhere." He spoke his thoughts before looking at his toes.

Light stared at the metal door of the warehouse as he stepped out of the car. He took a few steps forward as the vehicle backed up a bit. As he adjusted his suit jacket, to make sure that the wires weren't messed up, he felt a sort of nervousness wash over him.
Due to the wires, he had to make sure that his identity as Kira didn't slip through his words or Y/N's. Light was positive he could do it, but he wasn't 100% certain that Y/N would keep his secret.
He took a deep breath and began moving towards the door. The closer he got, the more nervous he felt.
Once at the door, Light paused. Placing his hand on the handle, he stared at it. It suddenly felt as if his body had been turned to stone.
What was wrong with himself?
Behind the door was the person who held him back from his self proclaimed duty to cleanse the world. Behind the door was his answer to the frustrating question that plagued his mind.
What had his so called lover been up to?
He needed to rid this person of the world. Yet he couldn't bring himself to open the damn door.
Was he scared?
Scared of the person behind the door?
Scared of what would happen once he opened the door?
Scared that he would get hurt?

Scared that the person behind the door....

would get hurt?

No.
No, if the person behind the door, Y/N, got hurt, it would be for interrupting his plans. Yes, that was it. Light didn't want to get caught if he had to kill the person behind the door. That was why he was scared.
But that won't happen. Light wouldn't allow it.
With that mental talk with himself, he twisted the handle and opened and walked in.

∞✦∞✦∞✦∞✦∞
Words: 855