ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ

════ ⋆ 𝐗𝐔 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐆 ⋆ ════

"𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦, 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝, 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫."

As dawn broke, the routine of my royal duties resumed with unrelenting rigor. The clashing of swords in the training yard mixed with the deep, thoughtful discussions in the council chambers, each session designed to sharpen both my mind and body for the role I was destined to inherit. This disciplined existence, structured and demanding, was the backbone of my life as a prince, preparing me to one day guide and protect the realm.

Yet, it was not these public displays of leadership and strategy that held my core steady; it was the quiet, stolen moments with Zhao Jiang. Amidst the relentless pace of royal expectations, our secret rendezvous provided a much-needed respite, a place where I could draw breath and simply be. Zhao's touch, tender yet charged with an unspoken promise, brought a sense of peace and grounding. The soft kisses we shared under the veil of secrecy were moments of pure, unguarded connection that felt like silent rebellions against the isolating duties of royalty.

In Zhao's embrace, I found more than just physical sanctuary; I experienced an emotional anchorage. His gaze, filled with admiration and unwavering support, had a transformative power. It reassured me that beyond the prince, there was just Xu Liang—a man with desires, dreams, and a heart capable of profound love. This grounding perspective was vital. It reminded me that my identity was layered and complex, not confined to the crown I would one day wear.

These fleeting interactions with Zhao were my secret strength. They were brief escapes that not only provided solace but also reminded me of the joys of life beyond duty. With each clandestine meeting, I felt rejuvenated, more prepared to face the demanding aspects of my role. Zhao's unwavering presence in my life was a steady force; his belief in my capabilities fueled my own, pushing me to exceed not just the expectations of my royal birthright but also to aspire to be the man he saw when he looked at me.

Moreover, this dual existence, where public duty met private affection, though fraught with the risk of discovery, was a testament to the resilience of our bond. It was a delicate dance of passion and discretion, as we navigated the complexities of our positions within the palace walls. Zhao's subtle assurances and the warmth of his touch fortified my resolve, enabling me to perform my princely duties with a passion ignited by the promise of our shared moments of intimacy.

As I moved through the day, from the training grounds to the strategy meetings, the knowledge of Zhao's love and the memory of our last kiss lingered in my mind, a sweet secret that colored even the most mundane tasks with significance. It was a gentle, yet powerful reminder that amidst the protocols and expectations, a heart beating with true affection and dreams of a shared future was perhaps the most potent weapon in my arsenal.