ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25: ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ

════ ⋆ 𝐗𝐔 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐆 ⋆ ════

"𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐈 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐲𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲."

The grand hall of the Tang Dynasty palace was a breathtaking sight, adorned with silk banners and vibrant tapestries that depicted tales of heroic ancestors and celestial beings. The morning light filtered through intricately carved wooden windows, casting a golden glow upon the assembled courtiers and officials who had gathered for this momentous occasion.

I stood at the center, my heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and solemn duty. Today, I would be crowned emperor, stepping into a role that bore the weight of my ancestors' legacies and the future of the empire. The enormity of the moment was not lost on me, and I took a deep breath to steady myself.

The attendants moved around me with practiced precision, bringing forth the ceremonial robes that I would wear for the coronation. Crafted from the finest silk, the robe was a brilliant yellow, the color reserved exclusively for the emperor, symbolizing his supreme authority. The intricate embroidery of dragons, each scale meticulously stitched with gold thread, seemed to ripple as the robe was draped over my shoulders, giving the impression of living, breathing creatures.

As the robe settled around me, I felt the weight of the garment, not just in its physical sense but in its symbolic significance. I straightened, allowing the attendants to adjust the fit and smooth out any wrinkles. The room around me buzzed with a quiet energy, the collective anticipation of those who had long awaited this day.

Zhao stood not far from me, his eyes filled with pride as our gazes met across the bustling room. Mei, having completed her meticulous preparations, stepped back with a respectful bow. Taking a deep breath to steady the whirlwind of emotions within me, I began making my way toward the grand doors leading into the ceremonial hall, which had been meticulously prepared for this day over several weeks.

Every detail of the hall had been crafted to reflect the majesty and gravity of the occasion. Richly adorned with banners and intricate floral arrangements that spoke of prosperity and peace, the hall echoed with the quiet murmurs of anticipation from the assembled dignitaries and noble guests. The weight of the ceremonial robes, woven from the finest silks and embroidered with symbols of imperial authority, felt both comforting and daunting as they draped heavily around me. These robes, resplendent with imagery of dragons and phoenixes, were not just garments but a mantle of responsibility that I was about to fully embrace.