Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Hey guys sorry for the late update we had a bad cyclone here and the internet and electricity has been going a bit haywire but I think it's all fixed now.

"We must stop him from regenerating. Who opened that chest"? Evy asked as they all surrounded the table in Katharine's apartment. Rick was sitting by the window looking outside at the sun.

"Well there was me and Daniels here. Oh and Burns of course". Henderson said sounding sad near the end.

"And that Egyptologist fella". Daniels added.

"Egyptologist. HA"! Katharine scoffed. She had been a bit quiet ever since they'd come back from the museum, Rick supposed finding out that you were the reincarnation of some ancient Egyptian queen who was the wife of the Mummy that was currently after them could be quite shocking.

"What about my buddy Beni"? Rick asked as he looked over to the group.

"Nah. He scrammed out of there before we opened the damn thing". Daniels said.

"Yeah he was the smart one". Henderson added chuckling without humor.

"Yeah, that sounds like Beni". Rick said as he walked over to the table.

"We must find the Egyptologist and bring him back to safety before the creature can get to him". Evy said as she looked at O'Connell who was holding onto the back of Katharine's chair who was sitting beside Jonathan.

"Right. They stay here. You three come with me". Rick ordered as he walked over to the door. Just as he was about to open it everyone started protesting Katharine loudest of all. Katharine got up from her chair and walked over behind him

"Now hang on a minute. Imhotep's after my sister not yours if you think you're leaving here without me then you are ... WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING"! During Katharine's rant Rick had turned around and threw her over his shoulders much to the amusement and shock of the other four.

"PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW RICK! JONATHAN GET ME DOWN FROM HERE"! Katharine shouted at her brother as Rick carried her towards her bedroom.

"Sorry he's a bit ... tall..." Jonathan trailed of as Katharine rolled her eyes at her brother excuses.

"JONATHAN YOU COWARD! RICK PUT ME DOWN! Oomph". Katharine grunted as Rick threw her down onto her bed she quickly got up and stalked after to him.

"RICHARD O'CONNELL YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME IN HERE"! Katharine yelled as the door shut in her face she growled in annoyance

Outside the door

"This door doesn't open. She doesn't come out, and no one goes in. Right". Rick said as he held Daniels by the collar ignoring the obscenities that were being screamed at him through the door.

"Right". Daniels said immediately with a large gulp.

"Right"? Rick said as he turned to look at Henderson.

"Right". Henderson nodded in agreement. Rick then turned to Evy.

"Now do I have to give you the same treatment"? Rick asked.

"I do not think so Mr O'Connell I will go in there once my sister has calmed down". Evy said politely as she held back giggles. It wasn't every day that someone was able to one up her big sister.

"Let's go Jonathan". Rick said as he handed the keys to Daniels before walking back to the door.

"I thought I could just stay at the fort and you know reconnoitrer". Jonathan started to say.