Chapter 11: Grand Celebration

Yve lay there in bed, trying to force herself to relax and go back to sleep. But her mind refused to cooperate. The thought of the birthday party, the morse code, and the shadowy figure all vied for her attention, keeping her in a state of alertness.

As the minutes ticked by, she felt herself growing more and more frustrated. The harder she tried to sleep, the more elusive it seemed to become.

Despite her struggles to fall asleep, Yve finally managed to doze off. However, the sleep was fitful and filled with strange dreams and brief awakenings.

When she finally opened her eyes, the first light of dawn was just starting to peek through the curtains. The realization that it was the morning of Felix's birthday party hit her like a ton of bricks.

As Yve slowly woke up, she was surprised to find a maid already in her room, setting out a dress on the bed.

The maid looked up with a polite smile. "Good morning, miss. I have been instructed by Master Felix to help you get ready for the birthday party today."

Yve blinked at the maid, still somewhat groggy from the interrupted sleep.

"Thanks," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "I'll just...get dressed then."

The maid led Yve into the expansive dressing room, where rows and rows of dresses hung on racks, each more expensive and beautiful than the last.

"Master Felix instructed me to lay out a selection of dresses for you to choose from," the maid said, gesturing to the array of clothing.

Yve looked at the dresses, feeling a pang of frustration. She knew that Felix had chosen them for her, and she had no doubt they were all ridiculously expensive.

"Felix really went all out, huh?" she muttered under her breath, her tone laced with sarcasm.

Realizing that she needed a moment to herself, Yve decided to take a shower before choosing a dress.

She turned to the maid and said, "I'll take a quick shower first. Can you give me a few minutes?"

The maid nodded politely. "Of course, miss," she replied. "Just let me know when you're ready to choose a dress."

Yve thanked the maid and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

As she started the shower and let the warm water wash over her body, she felt a sense of relief. It was the only moment of solitude she would have before the party.

Yve stood under the shower, letting the water cascade down her body. The heat and steam soothed her tense muscles, and she allowed herself to relax for a brief moment.

But even here, in the quietness of the shower, thoughts of the upcoming party and Felix's controlling behavior intruded into her mind.

Yve stepped out of the shower, her body wrapped in a towel. As she walked back to her room, she saw a notification on her phone.

She picked up the phone and saw that Claude had sent her a text message, wishing her a happy birthday. A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips, but it was quickly replaced by a pang of guilt.

Yve quickly dried herself and put on a simple T-shirt and shorts. She didn't want to wear one of the fancy dresses Felix had picked out for her just yet.

With her casual clothes on, she left the bathroom and walked back to the bedroom, where the maid was patiently waiting.

Yve sat down in front of the vanity mirror, and the maid began to work on her makeup. Yve watched silently as the maid applied foundation, blush, and eye shadow.