༶⁠ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟽 ༶⁠

I held her hand caressing it softly which I never did since past many years

I held her hand caressing it softly which I never did since past many years. I was kissing her palm when she groaned moving slightly. Without further delay, I called the doctor who confirmed that my wife's gaining her consciousness.

A few minutes later, She opened her eyes slowly trying to adjust with the surrounding. But what she did next hurted me to no extent.

She withdrew her hand from mine as if my mere touch burns her up. My heart broke.

" My pillow." I called her softly caressing her head. But she yanked my hand away.

"Wifey listen to me." I pleaded.

"I'm not your wife Mr. Rathore." She yelled.

" Please aisa mat kaho." I said and she chuckled bitterly.

" Kyu aaye ho aap yaha?" She questioned.

" Aisa kyu boI rahi ho. Biwi ho tum meri, tumhara khayal rakhne aaya hu." I replied.

" Biwi ko akele raat mein ghar se nikalte waqt nahi aaya tumhe mera khayal." She taunted.

" Aisa nahi hai." I said.

"Toh kaisa hai Mr. Rathore?" She yelled.

"Please, please tum chillo mat. Tumhare aur baby ke sehat keliye accha nahi hai." I pleaded.

"Aapko kabse meri fikar hone lagi. Aur rahi baat baby ki toh aapko confirm hai ki yeh aap ka hi hai?" She said making me glare at her.

"Bakwas band karo aur chup chap yahi padi raho. Aur haan, Mujhe puri guarentee hai ki yeh mera hi baby hai." I yelled while she turned her face away from me.

How can she even say such things? I thought. 'This is nothing in front of what you've said.' mocked my inner voice.

The doctor gave her some dose due to which she slept again. I know I'm gonna having a hard time convincing her and to be blessed with her forgiveness. And I do deserve that. But just keep both of them safe. Baki I'll handle.

Upon her full recovery she was discharged from the hospital yet the doctor advised her to be careful.

She still behaves the same way. As if I'm nothing to her, as if I'm invisible, as if my presence irritates her. Deep down the guilt is eating me away and I'm unable to do anything.

I know I deserve much worse than this but I can't live without her. When I married her I intended to destroy her but I never gathered the courage to do so. I am ashamed of myself. Jo apni biwi ka na ho saka woh kya khaak baap banne ke layak hoga. I thought while tears made their way through my eyes.

It's been two months since I've bought her back yet there's no difference in her behaviour. I left no stone unturned while protecting her, taking care of her health, her needs, etc. but she has lost herself somewhere and the whole and sole reason is me myself. I don't know what to do? Should I just kill myself? No I shouldn't. I shouldn't be a coward. She needs me, our baby needs me. No matter what, I'll always be there for her.