Chapter 33

COLE'S POV

IT'S INSET DAY LETS GOOO!

That means, long weekend.

However, it doesn't mean that I'm not worried about Jay. All I know is that him and Talia kissed, didn't admit it to Nya, and Nya's pissed. And it ALSO turns out that Talia is worse than Harumi...

This situation is only gonna go south.

I texted Jay after school yesterday to check up on him with all the stuff that happened. He hasn't responded yet. I think his parents are going somewhere this weekend or something. I know that he can make bad decisions sometimes... but this situation makes no sense to me.

Jay wouldn't do this. He'd never have the guts to do something like this.

It was around 9 in the morning, and Zane was round my house for a sleepover that night. Because we got into the habit of waking up early for school, we already finished breakfast and we're just chilling in my room.

That's when I got call from Jay.

I picked up and placed the phone by my ear. "Hey, buddy. You alright?" I heard Jay sobbing uncontrollably on the other side of the phone. "Jay, you good?"

"N-No... I-I couldn't sleep at all a-and... and..."

"Jay, you know that even if Nya broke up with you, you're still our best friend, right?"

"I-It's not about th-that... It... I-It's worse..." he sniffed and took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. He seemed really frightened, which caused me to shoot a concerned glance and a shrug at Zane. "I-I have a question..."

"Shoot."

"D-Did Kai tell you a-anything a-about this... this situation?"

"No..."

He sighed. "C-Can you come over? M-My parents a-are away f-for the weekend. I don't know what to do... I-I can't... I can't tell them this..."

"Jay... What happened?"

"I-It'll b-be easier i-if I sh-show you... I know th-that y-you're probably w-with Zane... Uh- Can b-both of you please come over? I-I'm really scared."

"We'll be there in a few minutes."

"Thank you." He hung up and texted me: 'The door is open. I'll be in my room.'

"What is it?" Zane asked.

"Jay needs us to come over. Come on."

After a very speedy walk, we managed to get to Jay's house in no more than ten minutes. I opened the door and locked it behind me. "Jay! We're here!" Me and Zane quickly slipped our shoes off before running upstairs to his bedroom.

We knocked on the door before walking in.

He was sat against the wall by the door with his knees tucked in. He looked up at us and gave us a weak smile. His nose and eyes were red from crying. "H-Hey..." he greeted, wiping his tears.

"What happened?" I was about to place a comforting hand on his shoulder but he pushed it away. Me and Zane sat on the edge of his bed which was opposite of where he was sat.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "So... As you know... Nya broke up with me yesterday morning. I felt ill and stayed home with my mum." His voice was cracking slightly. He cleared his throat and continued as calmly as he could, but he avoided eye contact. "And she told me... that... the night Nya took the picture, I looked high when I came home. Kai was the one to tell me why Nya was so angry with me... Anyway, we came to the conclusion that maybe I Talia might've... drugged me... because... I-I don't even remember anything from that night a-and I woke up the next morning with a huge migraine..." A tear escaped his eye and he flopped his head onto his knees again.

Me and Zane watched as he calmed down before continuing. "I... I noticed this last night... when I was taking a shower and..." he sighed as another few tears rolled down his cheek. "I-I'm scared th-that... that..." he completely broke down into sobs. I came over to him and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Jay, look at me. Take deep breaths, okay. Take your time..."

He nodded as he attempted to take a few deep breaths but they only transformed into more sobs. I pulled him into a hug and I let him cry into my shoulder. Once he calmed down, he pulled away and wiped his tears with his long sleeve top that he was wearing along with some joggers.

I moved back and leaned against the bed while sitting on the floor. Jay sighed and opened his mouth to say something but it turned into a frown. He groaned, "It's easier if I just sh-show you..."

He stood up and slipped his top off, revealing a trail of hickeys along his neck and collarbone, and even on his shoulders and chest. Mine and Zane's eyes widened in worry and instantly got up to hug and comfort Jay, who once again broke down into uncontrollable sobs. "This isn't even half of it," he choked out between his sobs.

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you..." Zane said. "Is there anything we can do to help?" he asked as we pulled away.

Jay shook his head. He fidgeted with his fingers a little bit. "I-I'm just scared that... I-I'll be b-blamed i-if T-Talia h-has a-a ch-child with m-me..."

"Jay, don't think that... That won't happen."

"It might."

"Okay, fine. But it's a very big might. So don't worry, buddy. Everything will be okay," I reassured him. "We have to tell the others though..."

"Then what? Nya won't believe me anyway. You know how stubborn she is."

"We need to confront Talia about this," Zane suggested. "Skylor will definitely know where she lives, so you can tell her face to face. You'll get answers this way. She won't tell us if we're there."

"That might work," I agreed.

Jay nodded. "Okay. When do we start?"