Chapter 27

JAY'S POV

I thought that today was gonna be far worse. Especially after what happened on Friday and with Lloyd and all. I can't believe that this all happened. Like, why are you spiking people's drinks for one, and secondly, who in their right mind at the age of almost 15 is attempting rape? 

Lloyd ended up in a fucking COMA for the First Spinjitzu Master's sake! And them three were let out of jail!! And now they won't do anything about that whole thing on Friday with Nya! And now Kai is threatened all because Harumi's drink-spiking has gone wrong!

IT WAS WRONG FROM THE START!!

Now I don't know what to think. I went with Nya to Mr Wu after school where she explained what happened to him while I waited outside of his office with Kai.

"Shit..." I muttered.

"What is it?" Kai asked.

"What about Skylor? Harumi probably hates her guts too..."

"We thought about that. Sky said that Harumi saw her as an older sister, so we think that she might not do anything to her. Sky's gonna text her so that things don't escalate. I'm still not sure if that's a good idea..."

"Just tell her to be calm about it. If she confronts her things are bound to go to shit."

"Yeah, I'll text her now," Kai responded as he took out his phone and started texted Skylor. After about twenty minutes, Nya finally left the office, he face wet from tears. She she took a deep breath and sighed before wiping her face against her blazer sleeve.

"How was it?" I asked. She looked around and signalled us to follow her out of the fire escape and out of the school gates. "What did he say?" 

Nya looked around. "He said he can't do much given the fact that they threatened to hurt Kai. He said he's gonna talk to another teacher about it and I made sure that he didn't email Mrs Jones. She literally took their side countless times. I can't afford that."

"Did you tell him everything?" Kai asked.

"Every single detail..." Nya stopped in her tracks and I watched her eyes fill with tears. She was still traumatised after what happened. I gently pulled her into a hug. "I'm proud of you Nya. You're very brave about this," I whispered.

Nya pulled away and wiped her tears. "Thanks, but... I don't feel like it right now..."

By the time we got home, the three of us were laughing our arses off, completely washing away our worries temporarily. On Wednesday, we met at the table as usual. Since Zane and Cole finally told us about their relationship, they were definitely more open about it. It was about quarter past eight and we were minding our own business when someone casually sat down at our table. They wore a black hoodie under their blazer and had their hood up and head down so we couldn't see their face.

"Uhh... Can we help you with anything?" I asked.

He lifted his head up and all of our eyes widened in shock, "Lloyd?!"

"Shhh! Not so loud," he said, looking around. "I don't want Harumi to see me just yet."

"When did you wake up??" Kai asked.

"Monday afternoon..."

"Lloyd, you don't look well..." Skylor said, pointing out the dark circles under Lloyd's eyes.

Lloyd sighed, "I couldn't sleep, okay? I don't wanna end up in a fucking coma again... Anyway, you said that I needed to confirm that Harumi spiked my drink, right?"

"Yeah..." Cole replied.

"Why the fuck do they need my confirmation? I sent you the picture, didn't I?"

"They don't believe it's enough evidence," Paige said.

Nya scoffed, "No, they don't believe us because Harumi is a little entitled bitch who gets away with everything!"

"And because of that whole drug thing last year, they think that I photoshopped the picture and I'm tryna frame Harumi and her goons."

"Where's Mr Clouse's office?" Lloyd asked.

"I can take you there," Zane offered.

They were about to leave when Lloyd turned around and said, "Thanks guys, by the way... For what you did for my during the party. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome," we all replied in sync. Lloyd and Zane left to go to Mr Clouse's office.  

"Poor kid..." Kai said.

"He looks like he hasn't slept in years!" Nya remarked.

"Sky, did you even talk to Harumi?" Kai asked.

"Uh... No... I haven't. I don't think it's the right time. Besides, I don't think I'll even have to since Lloyd's confirming everything anyway," Skylor explained.

"Fair enough. There's no point starting stuff if it's being dealt with, right?" Paige said.

"That's what I was thinking."

ZANE'S POV

I led Lloyd to Mr Clouse's office. He asked if I can come with him. I knocked on the door.

"Come in..." I followed Lloyd inside. "I was told you'd be coming in soon... How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," Lloyd replied.

"Language, young man."

"Sorry, I'm just really frustrated because apparently Harumi, Morro and Griffin didn't get any consequences for this," Lloyd said, slamming his open phone on sir's desk. It was open to the picture he took at the party. 

The headteacher looked at the photo carefully, inspecting every millimetre. "Hmm..."

"They literally tried drugging my friend! I paid the price and ended up in a coma. If he drank it, he would've ended up like I did, because Harumi Jade here wanted, and I quote, "revenge"!"

"Since you are a victim of this situation, I'm gonna need you to write a statement like the rest did already."

"Wait, so they already wrote statements?"

"Yes..."

"And you read them?"

"Precisely, Mister Garmadon, what do you not understand?"

"The fact that every single one of the statements say that they're guilty of this! This is ridiculous... They should still be in prison for what they did."

Mr Clouse stared at Lloyd, "I suppose you are correct..."

"You bet I am! Do you know who else is correct about Harumi?!" Lloyd asked, raising his voice slightly.

"Who?"

"Cole. Cole Brookstone. That whole... drug incident or whatever, the ones that were found in his bag were Harumi's."

"How do I know that you're not lying?"

"I watched her put them in his bag," Lloyd said, narrowing his eyes at Mr Clouse. "Can you do something about this already?!"

Sir sighed, "Not with that attitude coming from you, young man."

Lloyd scoffed, "I could've fucking died. Cole could've died! Now, I know that you hate talking to my father, Clouse," he hissed. "So could you please, for the love of the First Spinjitzu Master, do something about this. It's going too far."

My mouth was slightly agape. I never witnessed anyone talk like that with the headteacher.

"Well," sir cleared his throat, "I suppose I can have this sorted without your father's help, Lloyd. Now, you have Period 1 soon. You should head to class."

"Thank you," Lloyd snapped before walking out. I followed him out quickly, still trying to comprehend what just happened. "I hate that cunt," Lloyd muttered.

"So do I," I said. "That was insane what you did in there!" 

Lloyd chuckled with a shrug. "You're welcome. I knew mentioning my father would work. Let's just say that they're not the bestest of friends anymore..."