chapter 11.

george's pov:
when y/n came out of the room, mary hugged her and kissed her forehead, which i thought was weird to do to our daughters friend, but i didn't question it again. until y/n said the floor was more comfortable than her bed at the orphanage. that's when me and connie paused and looked at mary. she looked at us and smiled. okay then. then mary said y/n and missy can have the room and sheldon can get his own room. me and connie have each other the look. after mary gave y/n breakfast she said she didn't know what breakfast was. so after all that i asked mary if me and connie can talk to her. she hesitated a little but went. we went out to the front porch and sat down. it was silent for a little until i broke it. "mary, is there something you would like to tell us about this girl?" connie looked at mary and said something. "honey, what's going on?" that's when mary told us everything.

mary's pov:
i told them everything about y/n and what i saw yesterday. i was practically bawling at this point. my mom came up to me and i got up to hug her. once we were done hugging, george hugged me next. we sat like that for a while until he said something. "honey?" "yeah george?" "i think we should adopt her. she should never have to go back there. never." my mom joined in. "yeah mary. me, you, missy, george, and y/n need to storm over there and adopt her. and if she says no, we can take this down to court. she has bruises to prove it." "you're right mom." i said with my tears going away. "i think i'm gonna adopt her." it was all so soon, but i was ready. i loved her so much. i felt like her mom. she felt like a daughter to me and i would do anything to make her my daughter.