chapter 14.

mary's pov:
"everyone buckled?" i said looking up at the mirror. "yes." i heard in unison. i started the car and george grabbed my hand. he looked at me for a moment and then smiled and gave me a kiss. "what was that for?" i smiled. "i love you mary that's all." "i love you too." i shifted the gear into reverse and backed out of the driveway. then i turned the car into drive and we started driving. i look up and see missy, sheldon, and y/n all playing around. i look into the backseat and see my mom putting in lipstick. "mary!" my mom shouted. "yes mom?" can we go pick up dale and georgie? i know georgie just drove back to work after driving all the way here to see h/n but i want them to come along?" "i guess so." "thanks hon." i hear my mom say and i drive to ballards.

georgie's pov:
im talking to dale when all of a sudden i see my moms car pull up. "what now? i just got back here?" i said. "i don't know son." dale stuttered. he saw my meemaw get out the trunk and broke a sweat. "ah nuts what did i do now?" "i don't know son." i mocked him. we heard the door open and turned our heads. "you and you in the car now." she said. "connie i got a store to run." dale said. "close it." she said sternly. me and dale walked out and he closed the store. we got in the backseat with meemaw through the trunk. the car was packed. "mom what are we doing?" i asked. "we are going to the orphanage to adopt y/n and your meemaw is going to have a little talk with ms. whitetaker." i looked at meemaw and she smirked. i asked can i help and my mom said no and meemaw said, "yeah are ya crazy? no!" i looked at her again and she mouthed the word yes well shaking her head no. i grinned and she gave me a high five. "so, y/n, what's this ms. whitetaker lady like?" y/n turned around a looked at me. her eyes were very pretty. they were y/e/c with a shine to them that only someone i knew had. who was it now? i kept thinking to myself until i heard y/n voice. "and yeah. that's what she's like. she's an awful, racist, rude, abusive, hateful, nasty, stinky, alcoholic, addicted to cigarettes woman." i looked at her, nodded, and said, "oh." even though i only heard the last part. i mean, the last part pretty much was all i needed to know anyways. we arrived at the orphanage and i heard y/n take a very deep breath in. my mom turned around and rubbed her hand. "it's gonna be okay darling. we're all here for you." y/n turned around and we all smiled gently at her. she looked back at my mom and said in a nervous tone, "you sure?" "positive." my mom smiled. she nodded and got out the car first. my mom took her hand and everyone else followed. sheldon turned to look at me and he asked if he can hold my hand. i was shocked. "wait. really?" i asked him. "yes." he replied. i smiled and took his hand. i felt missy grab my other. i felt special at that moment. i looked at my siblings and then up at the orphanage and took a breath. my dad knocked and the door opened.