Chapter 3 - Sanctum and Omega - Part 1

"We have arrived at Sanctum Island!" Wonderbot announced as he landed the bus. "So. Who are we looking for?" Victor asked as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "Two strikers. One of darkness and one of Light." Zanark answered Victor's query. "What even is Sanctum? I've never heard about this island." Goldie stood up. 

"It's an island cut off from civilisation. A figure by the name of Zabel trains players to reach a height in football thought to be unmatched." Wonderbot explained. "So do all players here have a fighting spirit?" Victor continued the questioning. "I can only sense the two. The rest do not." Zanark stated. They all leave the bus and looked around, they had parked at the port of the island. "So I'm guessing the island doesn't really use the port?" Goldie pointed to the empty port. Zanark shakes his head. 

"You mentioned that Zabel trains people to reach unmatched heights... what does he plan on doing with these players?" Victor asked as they walked up the stairs. "Zabel is one of the figures that controlled the creation of the society we mentioned previously. By training these players, he was able to control them when the society was formed." Wonderbot explained as he waddled through the Windy Green. 

"It's a really nice island. I'm surprised no one has comes here for vacation." Goldie was caught up in the scenery of the island, the grass danced gently. The four followed the path to a waterfall, a bridge leading ahead. "Your journey is going to stop here." Someone landed in front of the crew, "Who is that?" Victor stopped in his path. "The person who'll be sending you back wherever you came from." The person smirked.

He had spiky red hair, clearly unkept. Scars on his face most likely from his training on the island. Four other players landed behind him, one was tall with pink hair that reached down to his shoulders, another with grey hair in a pony tail, another one had a pony tail but his hair was black, the last one had red hair shaped as horns. "We're not here to cause trouble. We're just here to talk to Zabel." Zanark stepped up. "The coach doesn't take visitors. So turn around before we force you." The spiky hair responded. "Move out the way." Zanark demanded again. The red hair chuckled before he kicked a ball towards the group. At that moment a boy with black hair and dark skin appeared before Zanark, he blocked the powerful kick with his foot, dropping the ball to the ground and landing beside it. "Tezcat? What are you doing?" The boy grit his teeth. "Let them meet Master Zabel." The boy gently kicked the ball back to the group of five. "Why? You know the coach doesn't like meeting people." Red hair picked up the ball. "They are here for Nobel reasons. Allow them to pass, before I cut through all of you." Tezcat threatened them while keeping calm. "Listen Tezcat, just because you have a stupid spirit thing doesn't mean you can cut through us like you think you can. We're on par with you and Bailong remember?" Red hair scoffed. "Then allow me to prove it." Tezcat offered. 

Red hair began to sweat, agreeing to the challenge. "If you can get past all four of us and score a goal against Quentin. Then we'll admit that you're better." Red hair told Tezcat. "We'll meet you at Guardian's rest, don't be late." Red hair and the others jumped away. "I am sorry for my teammates. Their lack of fighting spirits cause them to push themselves until they can reach the level of fighting spirits." Tezcat turned the group. "I am Tezcat. What are your names?" He introduced himself. "I am Zanark." 

"The name is Wonderbot!" 

"I'm Victor Blade."

"And I am Goldie Lemmon!" The group introduced themselves. Tezcat smiled. "I sense good in you all, will you join me in walking to Guardian's rest?" He asked. They all nodded and Tezcat turned around to begin walking across the bridge. Goldie and Victor watched the waterfall as they walked, unable to keep their eyes off it. 

They approached a statue, the five players were waiting there. "Took you long enough Tezcat. Now let's see if you can get past us." Red hair smirked as they got into position. The goalie with pink hair put his gloves on, clapping his hands as he prepared himself. "I'll start with the ball. If you can't take it off me. Well we win." He kept his smug smirk. He placed the ball by his feat. "I recommend you stand back friends." Tezcat glanced back at the squad, who took a few steps back.