Chapter 4 - Sanctum and Omega - The Deciding Match

In the changing rooms, Victor looked at the new kit he would have to wear. Several attempts at trying to join a football team so he could make his brother proud, only for all of them to fail. And now he sat in the changing room that would decide the fate of some players and himself. He didn't even have his fighting spirit yet, what chance would he have against a football team from the future. Not only that but the fact he's playing alongside players who have trained to be on the same level as fighting spirit users. "Can I really do this?" He would ask himself, now looking into the mirror, to see himself wearing the Kit of the Sanctum players. "What would Vladimir do?" Victor thought of his older brother. His older brother managed to play for Japan's national team, when he had to leave home to go abroad, Victor made the promise he would hold close to his heart.

"Say goodbye to your older brother Victor." His mother told Victor. "Big bro.... I'm not ready for you to go." Young Victor had tears in his eyes, while happy that his brother would play in the national league, he didn't want his best friend to leave. "Do not worry Victor. I'll come back, and if I get too busy I'll always call you guys." Vladimir got down on one knee to pat Victor on the shoulder. "Are you gonna score all the goals?" Victor asked behind his tears. Vladimir chucked, "I won't be the only one scoring. Playing part of the national team means working as a team. All 11 players act as one body." He told his brother. "But you're so good at striking!" Victor claimed. "While I am good, I won't be able to do it alone." A proud smile on Vladimir's face. "When I'm older, I'm gonna be part of the best team in Japan! And I'll be the best Striker the world has ever known!" Victor promised. "Always keep fighting, no matter how hard life may be. The match is never over until that final whistle." Vladimir stood up, clutching his bag. "Make sure you stay safe when abroad honey!" Their mother warned him. "Mom don't worry, I'll be fine." Vladimir chuckled nervously as he began to walk off. The Young Victor watched as his brother left their home to venture into a new world. At that moment, Victor knew what he had to do.

But did he know what to do now? The only person he knew in that team was Goldie, he had no synergy with the rest of he team. The door creaked open, "Hey Victor, are you ready?" Goldie pokes her head in. "Yeah... I think so..." Victor responded. "Hey listen. I know you're probably afraid. But we got this! Nothing will stop us in this match." Goldie reassured Victor. "Let's go and beat those time travelling bozos!" She thrust her fist into the air. "Yeah. We can do this." Victor smiled.

They meet with the Sanctum players, who all waited by the side of the pitch. "Thank you for helping us Victor and Goldie. What you do here will save the vision I have." Zabel thanked them.

"We're happy to help!" Goldie put her thumbs up. Victor put his thumb alongside her.

"Everyone in your positions, let us show these frauds that Sanctum Players should never be underestimated!" He roared to the Sanctum players, who roared in unison, running to their positions.

Zanark turned to Victor and Goldie. "Focus on what drives you two. If you want to succeed in this match, then I want 100% focus." He told them, striking Victor as he thought of his promise. The three walk to their positions to replace the three players that walked off.

"Focus on what drives me..." Victor whispered to himself as he stood behind Tezcat. Protocol Omega was already in position, waiting for the kick off. The ball rolled onto the pitch towards Tezcat. "Victor. Let's do those friend." He glanced behind him. Victor nodded and walked up next to Tezcat, looking at the Protocol Omega players.

Colombia found Bailong in the spectator area, "Yo Bailong, you seriously gonna watch these bozos?" He chuckled. Bailing ignored him, watching intently with his fists curled up into tight fists. "Hellooo?" Colombia waved his hands in front of Bailong, who continued to ignore him. "Wow. I know you're distant and all but you gotta be the worst player ever." Colombia stormed off. Bailong looked to the goalkeeper, "How did that guy stop my shot..." He gritted his teeth. "I'm supposed to be the best striker. No one is meant to stop my shots." He continued. Turning his attention to Tezcat and Victor, "Something's strange about that guy next to Tez...." He noticed