Chapter 1 - A fresh start.

There it is. The Tree of Life has a new king, just like that. The blue paint has been placed on a lion that hopes all but bad for the future. A lion, that hopes to succeed as a known and good king. And that newly crowned king, is called Kion. A lion with golden fur, a blood-red mane and a scar on his right eye left from beating Scar stood on the rock. He looked over at all of the animals that stood infront of him, realising the amount of responsability he took over. Still, for now he was in his own world of happiness, blocking out any other emotion.

The crowd of animals cheered their approval for Kion. All types of animals from all over the lands. Even some animals from the Pride Lands had came to watch the event. And most importantly for Kion, so has his family. Kion looked over at them, happy he had finally made them proud. Deep down, his dad, Simba, preserved that Kion would be a noble and wise king. He even thought that Kion would be a better king than him.

The Queen of the Tree of Life, Rani, approached Kion from behind, nudging him to get his attention.
'Kion, are you ok? You look worried,' she asked.
'I'm alright, just a little bit nervous, its sinking in how much responsability this role has,' Kion replied. Rani not wanting to ruin the special occassion decided to not further the conversation, and instead roared along side Kion. The roar echoed for miles, signifying the new King had been coronated.

After the celebrations had died down, the royal couple went over to Kion's family, who were talking to the new Day Pride, and the Night Pride.
'Mom, Dad?' Kion called, getting everyones attention.
'Hello son, I'm proud of you,' Simba said, walking over to him and nuzzling him.
'Daaad! Not infront of everyone!' Kion complained, although he didn't mind it.
'What's wrong? Don't like affection infront of all your friends?' Simba asked sarcastically.
'You know what I mean,' Kion replied.

They headed back over to the others, where they started to talk about life and what there is to do in the future.
The conversation was cut short though, as the day light was slowly fading under the horizon.
'Mom, Dad? Do you have a place to sleep for the night?' Kion asked.
'No we don't actually, do you know any good spots to sleep, preferably nearby as it is getting dark?' Simba replied, yawning after.
'I'm not really the person to ask that question right now, Rani, do you know any good spots?' Kion asked, turning to face Rani.
'Of course I know good spots Kion, they're nearby aswell. Kion's family, follow me,' Rani answered, walking off towards the tree.
'Well Night Pride, we better get patrolling, its nearly night now.'
Surak said.
'Do we have to?' Baliyo asked in an annoyed tone.
'Yes Baliyo, we have to, you really should know this by now.' Surak replied.
'I'll tell you what Night Pride, have the night off as its a big occasion today, do what you want tonight.' Rani announced, concluding the arguement.
'Thanks Sis!' Baliyo said, jumping up and down.
'No problem lil bro. Anyways Simba, we're here.' Rani replied, circling round towards everyone.
'Thank you your majesty, goodnight everyone!' Simba thanked.
'No problem. Also, you don't need to be formal with me, we're pretty much family now.' Rani said.
'Right,' Simba replied.
'Well Kion, let's head to the tree, I'm tired.' Rani stated, starting to walk towards the tree.
'Ok, night Mom, night Dad,' Kion replied, bidding farewell to his parents.
'Goodnight,' 'Night, Kion,' his parents replied, curling up by each other for the night.

Kion ran up to Rani, catching his breath after.
'Your out of breath,' Rani said while laughing.
'Well yeah, I had to run because you left me behind.' Kion replied, pausing everynow and then for a breath.
'Fair enough, anyways, did you like you coronation?' Rani asked him.
'Yeah, I did, it was a nice event.' Kion replied. 'I bet I enjoyed my coronation more than you enjoyed yours' he added, smirking at Rani.
'No, I enjoyed my coronation more than you did.' Rani argued, turning into a competition. They went back and forth arguing over a silly little competition Kion had started.

As they got near the tree, they took a discursion to quench their thirsts at the nearby lake, and Kion got an evil idea while drinking. He ever so slightly moved over towards Rani, doing it slowly to not get caught. Rani had noticed though, and right before she was about to ask him about it, she was pushed into the lake. The lake was extremely cold, and she shrieked after a couple seconds into the water.
Kion chuckled to himself, proud of the brilliant prank he pulled off.
'Hey, what was that for!' Rani asked, demanding for answers.
'Because it was funny seeing you fall into a lake,' Kion replied, bursting into even more laughter. That laughter was cut short though, as he got splashed by Rani.
'There we are, we're equal now,' Rani told him. She swam onto the bank and shook all the water off.
'Come on you, I need some sleep,' Rani called to Kion, starting to walk back to the tree.
'Alright, sleepy head,' Kion replied, winning an annoyed look from Rani.

They walked into the tree to find Makini making a new painting.
'Oh, Kion, Rani, hi! Sorry if I am taking your space,' Makini apologised.
'It's alright Makini, what are you making?' Kion replied, walking over towards the rock.
'I'm making a painting, Kion,' Makini answered.
'I can see that! But what are you making?' Kion re-asked.
'Oh, sorry. It's your coronation from earlier.' Makini said.
'Ah, ok. You can finish it now if you want, just try and not make too much noise.' Kion told Makini, lying down onto the rock.
'I'll finish it in the morning, I've only just started it anyways,' Makini said, picking up her bakora staff.
'Alright, well, goodnight Makini,' Kion responded, bidding a farewell to her.
'Yeah, you two have your sleep, you've got your royal duties tomorrow,' Makini replied.

As Makini walked out of the tree, Rani hopped onto the rock and lied down to the side of Kion. She messed his main up, before nuzzling him.
'Rani, did you have to mess up my main?' Kion asked annoyingly, fixing his main up.
'Yeah, I think I did have to,' Rani said giggling.
'I'll get you back for that,' Kion stated, now nuzzling Rani.
'I would like to see you try, anyways, it's late, we should get some rest.' She said.
'Yeah, goodnight Rani.' Kion responded.
'Goodnight Kion,' Rani replied.

jk09at