Chapter 11

Later that evening, Ava was dressed up by the two ladies as Marco had instructed. One of them did her hair and the other did her make up. Honestly, these ladies were really good.
Ava slipped onto her tight body-hugging navy dress which looked quite beautiful. As she was putting on stilettos, one of the lady gave her a necklace. It looked really expensive. It was made up of diamonds and sapphires. A symbol of Italian mafia.
"I think this is not required." Ava said hesitantly.
"I am sorry ma'am, but it has been specifically instructed by Mr. Cavalli for you to wear this."
"Ugh, fine!"

Ava looked breath-taking. Any man would give himself away, if that meant to have her. 

She walked out of the bedroom to see Marco sitting on the couch of the lounge smoking his cigar. He wore a crisp white shirt with a tie that matched Ava's dress's color. His hair neatly slicked back and his Patek Phillipe watch shone on his wrist. Marco looked so fine.
Marco signaled his hand to Ava that they needed to leave. He got up on his feet towering over Ava even though she had her high heeled stilettos on, and moved towards the door. Ava followed through.
They got in the car, and Marco kept looking at her.
"Marco, please cut some slack. How can I look at you if you keep staring at me?" Ava thought in her head.
Just then Marco spoke up," Ava?"
"Yes, Marco?"
"You're beautiful!"
He didn't say that she looked beautiful, but he said that she was beautiful.
Ava opened her mouth to say something as she searched for the right words. She just couldn't get herself to say anything as she blushed.
A smile etched onto Marco's lips probably saying that he had gotten the reply out of Ava that he wanted.
"Keep close to me, tonight. I don't want you to invite unnecessary trouble and every time you decide to speak, think thrice." Marco said in this icy deep voice.
"Okay."

The car lulled to a stop outside an enormous hotel. The ambience was luxurious. The place, well, spoke for its beauty and luxuriant decor. This place was supposed to be filled with the most dangerous and dark people of the mafia world and it already sent shivers down Ava's spine.