Chapter 12

All the eyes were staring at Marco and Ava as they entered the hall.
"Mr. Cavalli!" a voice called from among the crowd.
It was a man almost as tall as Marco, wearing a black suit. He had bold blue eyes, his long blonde hair were tied in a pony tail. Even though he was wearing a tie, his tattoos were clearly visible extending till his jaw line. He had this very muscular build, a lot like Marco's. His gucci watch shimmered on his wrist as he walked towards Ava and Marco waving at them.
Marco and the man shook hands as the man asked, "Is this Mrs. Cavalli, Marco?"
"Oh yes, she fucking is!"
Marco turned towards Ava, "This is Luca Solvact; my best friend and the second in command of our mafia."
Ava gently bowed to Luca, "It's nice to meet you Mr. Solvact. It just struck me that I didn't see you around on our wedding?"
"Sure you didn't Mrs. Cavalli; I had to deal with a very important consignment, so I was off to Spain."
"No need to call me Mrs. Cavalli, Ava suits me better."
As they were talking Ava heard another deep voice call after Marco. They turned to the other direction to see a man in his late thirties walk towards them. He had these awful vibes as he flashed an even awful smile at them. He wore a brown long suit and had gold teeth. He honestly looked pretty shabby although he had such expensive attire on.

"There you are, Mr. Cavalli! I've been looking for you everywhere." The man said as he stared at Ava.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Moretti!" Marco said even though he looked at his as if even the last person on earth he'd like to meet would not be him.
"The feeling is mutual! And who is this beauty, Mr. Cavalli?" Mr. Moretti said while looking at Ava.
It was clear that Ava was getting uncomfortable with Mr. Moretti constantly staring at her.
"This is my wife, Ava Cavalli." Marco said while putting his arm around Ava's waist and pulling her close to him.
"Hmm, I think there is catch in there, isn't it, Mr. Cavalli?" Mr. Moretti said while taking a step closer to Ava.
"I bet she's been bought by you, how much, I'll double it!"
"Oh no, Mr. Moretti, you're mistaken. She's my darling wife, not some slutty whore I purchased." Marco said in his usual cold voice.
"I'll triple it Cavalli, just name the price. I could make use of some pretty toys like her."
Ava felt as if the man was ready to pounce on her and it made her feel so bad. She wished against all odds that the ground would break and swallow her alive.
Mr. Moretti's eyes lingered on Ava.