Chapter 1

Another day, sigh.

I'm on my way to the office right now because I have a 9 AM first meeting, as I entered my company, I was greeted by my employees.

"Good Morning Ma'am"

"Good morning boss"

Those are the things they said to me, even though sometimes I get annoyed why they greet me 'good morning' when there's nothing good about the morning, sigh.

By the way, let me introduce myself, I am Michelle Marquez Dee or in short Michelle Dee, the CEO of DEE-HOLD-COMPANY. I have been serving here for a long time, as this is owned by my Daddy who passed it on to me. I have been working as a CEO for 10 years since I was 20 years old. And now I am 30 years old, and I still work as a CEO. By the way, my company is number 1 here in the Philippines, so it's also famous. So, I guess you might know me by now.

I'm now in my office working on my laptop when I suddenly heard a knock.

"Knock Knock!" the person at the door shouted. Because of the shout, I already knew who was knocking.

"Come in!" I shouted back from my seat. And indeed, it was Rhian.

Rhian is my cousin on my mother's side, which means we are close, and she also lives with me. Her position in our company is my treasurer because she studied Accountancy during our college years, so she's good at handling money. We also have someone else living with us, and that's Ate Max, let me introduce her too, HAHAHAHA. Ate Max is the eldest cousin among us, my cousin on my father's side, she's the cousin I'm close to on my father's side. She also lives with us, the three of us living together. When it comes to relationships, I'm the loser among us three because among us three, I am the only single one, HAHAHAHA. Rhian already has a boyfriend from another country, from Texas, the boyfriend of Rhian. Ate Max is also from another country, her husband is from London, yes, husband because Ate Max is married and she already has a child, which is Sky, my one and only niece.

"Hi brow!" Rhian greeted me, while dropping many papers on my desk. Sigh

Busy is Good indeed.

"Thank you" I replied.

"Mich come on tomorrow is Sam's birthday, come with us, we'll be at the bar." Rhian started our conversation.

Sam's birthday? I thought it was next week, huhuhu.

"I'll check my schedule first." I replied coldly.

"Wooohhh it's the first time you said No to Sam, huh, so you have a crush on her, right?" Rhian tried to tease me.

"Oh shut up Rhian, can't you see I'm working here!" I shouted, sigh.

"Fine fine, just come, bye beb!" she said before leaving.

Rhian left, so here I am back at work.

"Jade!" I called.

Sigh, I forgot I don't have a secretary.

Yes, I don't have a secretary because I fired her, she couldn't follow instructions. So now I don't have a secretary, but it's fine, HAHAHAHA.

"Cheers!" we all shouted.

Yes, we're at the bar now, I finally decided to attend my best friend Sam's party.

"So Michelle how's work?" Sam asked as she approached me.

"Well, it's going well," I replied with a smile.

"Good!" Sam replied as she suddenly kissed my cheek. WTF.

"WOHOOOOO!" our friends cheered, so I stood up and went to the CR.

Here I am in the CR, staring at myself in the mirror.

'what the helll she kissed me?!!'

As I was contemplating, I heard a woman sounding like she's vomiting.

I went to her, and indeed, she was throwing up due to being drunk, with no one accompanying her, sigh.

"Miss, are you alright?" I asked while holding her because she looked pitiful.

She looked at me, smiling.

I was stunned by her beauty.

'gosh, why is she so beautiful? Lord, she's gorgeous!!!'

"I'm al-al-right," she replied, clearly drunk.

She stood up, but as she reached the door, she suddenly collapsed.

But I caught her, of course, and we locked eyes.

'Gosh, why is she so beautiful? Miss, you're mine now, just kidding.'

"I'm sleepy baby," she said to me while pouting.

"Um Miss, I'm not your boyfriend or girlfriend, miss," I explained, and she suddenly smiled and hugged me.

"Do you have someone with you?" I asked.

She just shook her head

"Where do you live? I'll drop you off," I said.

She took something from her pocket and gave it to me, her ID.

'Anntonia Porsild,' her name, ackk, it perfectly suits her beauty.

I carried her bridal style and took her to the exit, or there's another way out. I put her in my car and drove to her house.

I rang the doorbell at her house.

A woman, seemingly old but possibly her mother, opened the door.

"Ann!" her mom shouted, clearly worried. Yes, I was right, it was her mother.

"Hi Ma'am, where is Anntonia's room?" I asked.

"It's upstairs dear, sorry, she's been drinking again....." her mom explained, and I just nodded.

We reached her room, yes, it's a beautiful room, simple, I laid her down, covered her with a blanket, and left.

"Dear, come here and have coffee before you leave," her mother invited me.

Of course, who am I to refuse, right? I have manners.

I sat on her couch and started sipping the coffee.

"Thank you dear," she started our conversation.

"It's nothing, Ma'am," I said with a smile.

"By the way, I'm Nee Porsild, Ann's mom," she said, and I smiled.

"I'm Michelle Dee," I said.

"Nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you too,"

"Sorry, my daughter can be like that, I mean, she really doesn't like alcoholic drinks, but she has many problems, she was fired from her job, then her girlfriend broke up with her, and her dad, who is my husband, left us..." Ann's mom sadly shared.

Poor woman, Ann's mom.

"Um, Ma'am Nee, how about if your daughter tries applying at D.H.C, we need a secretary, maybe she would like to apply..." I said, and she smiled even more, you can really see in her eyes how happy she is.

"Oh dear, I'll tell her tomorrow when she's okay, thank you so much!" she said to me.

She hugged me, and I hugged her back.

It was already midnight, and I still have work tomorrow.

"Um, Ma'am Nee, I have to go now because I still have work tomorrow," I said as I bid goodbye.

"Take care, dear, thank you so much!" she said as she escorted me outside.

I left, and when I arrived, Rhian was already there.

"What the fuck, Dee?! Where did you go?!!!" she shouted at me, very angry. Oh, you're just drunk, babe.

"I just dropped someone off, okay, go to sleep as you're already drunk again..." I told her as I was about to go upstairs, but she pulled me back.

"I'm talking to you, don't wait for Ate Max to talk to you!" she shouted at me.

"Let's talk tomorrow, I'm tired Rhian, please!" I begged, and luckily she let me go.

I went to my CR, took a shower, brushed my teeth, then laid down on my bed. I started to sleep, exhausted from the day.

Vote....