Chapter 6

It's already 3 pm, and Ann is still asleep. Actually, we have dinner scheduled but it's not until 8 pm.

I was about to get up when Ann suddenly pulled me back, so I lay back down on the bed...

She climbed on top of me and hugged me. Her head was on my neck, and I could feel her breath touching my skin.

"Why?" I asked her, as I gently stroked her hair.

"Stay here, please?" Anntonia pouted.

"Sure," I said and kissed her forehead.

"What happened? Why were you crying earlier?"

"I don't want to talk about it, Michelle, please."

"Okay, but if you need someone to talk to, I'm here, hmm," I said as I kissed her forehead again. She tightened her hug around me, and I smiled.

We lay there for a few minutes, talking and laughing. It was so pleasant to listen to.

"We have somewhere to go, so get ready," I whispered to her. "And where are we going, Ms. Michelle?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, just wait, Ms. Anntonia," I teased her, and she rolled her eyes. "Let's go, let's get ready," we stood up, and Ann went to take a bath.

I also called Celeste to check if everything was ready, and she confirmed that everything was good. I even asked Celeste to buy a bouquet of flowers for Ann, and she said there were already some there, so I didn't have to worry.

After a few minutes of getting ready, I called my driver to pick us up with a Mercedes to take us to the restaurant Celeste had arranged.

"Let's go," I reached out my hand for her to hold. We walked out of the mansion.

I opened the door for Ann, and then I also got into the car.

"So where are we going?" she pouted. Okay, she knew exactly how to get to me, Ann Porsild.

"It's a secret," I winked.

After a long drive, we finally arrived. I blindfolded Ann and helped her out of the car.

I removed the blindfold. "Mich..."

"Do you like it?" I asked, handing her the bouquet.

"Like it? I love it, thank you, Mich!" She hugged me tightly. After that, we sat down, and the chef served the food.

"What's this for?"

"Nothing, I saw you earlier looking really sad, so Celeste and I planned to surprise you," I lied.

"Nalin met with me, and she talked to me. In short, she wanted to get back together..." she explained. So that's why she left early, and my hunch was correct.

"So, what did you say to her? Did you get back together?"

"Nope, I don't want to be hurt again, Michelle."

"Okay, let's not talk about Nalin. How's your mom doing?" I asked while eating. She smiled and looked at me, then returned her gaze to her food.

"Well, my mom is fine."

"Where's your dad?"

"My dad works in Denmark, but he comes home for their anniversary, my birthday, and my sibling's birthday. But my sibling is in Thailand, so when it's their birthday, we all go there to visit."

"Your parents seem to have a great relationship," I said and smiled at her.

"Yeah, it's pretty obvious, right?" she nodded.