Chapter 5

Anntonia POV

Good morning to me, I guess?

So I'm here in the bathroom, just finished showering and getting dressed. Well, Michelle finished showering earlier, and she's in the kitchen now. After getting ready, I grabbed my purses and went downstairs. Celeste greeted me at the entrance.

"Hi sissy, good morning!" she shouted, giving me a hug. "Good morning," I shyly replied.

"Sit beside me!" she invited me to sit down. Michelle was on my right side, and Celeste was on my left. Mrs. Melanie was in the middle, next to Abraham and Madison (who's Michelle's sister).

"Try this, I cooked this for you, it's my special recipe, my whole family has tried. This is called " Love Potion Cookies!'" she put cookies on my plate. Mrs. Melanie and her kids laughed.

I started to taste the cookies she gave me. "Hhmmmm," I said, looking at Celeste. "How was it?" she asked with a big smile.

"It was really, really good!" Well, yes, it was really good even though I'm not a fan of sweets.

"Hmm, it's the first time I've heard someone say 'good' about your cookies, Celeste!" Michelle teased Celeste, and we all burst into laughter.

"Well, it really was good; taste it to know how delicious it is." I said, taking a cookie and feeding it to Michelle.

"How was it?" I asked with raised eyebrows. She nodded and smiled at me.

"It was good; nice work, Cel!"

Suddenly, Mrs. Melanie and Madison fell silent, while Abraham and Celeste laughed. What the hell?

I felt embarrassed, so I bowed my head and continued eating.

"What's going on between the two of you, Michelle and Anntonia, that I don't know about?" Mrs. Melanie asked in a firm tone.

"Pardon?" I said, embarrassed.

"Mom, stop asking that; Anntonia and I are just friends, just friends," Michelle winked at her mother, causing her mother to laugh.

"So, Michelle, are you courting Ann?" Madison asked, causing me to choke.

"Nope, maybe soon?" Michelle joked, so I playfully punched her, which made everyone laugh.

'So are you saying, Michelle Dee, that you're going to court your secretary?'

We chatted while eating, laughed, and shared many stories.

"Mom, we have to go; I have a meeting, bye!" Michelle said, kissing her mom's cheek. I also said my goodbyes.

We were in the car, with Michelle driving, and I in the passenger seat.

"Melissa messaged me; she said we'll go shopping at the mall," I mentioned while texting on my phone.

"Okay, since my meeting ends at 6:30, I want us to have dinner again if that's okay with you?"

"Yes..."

"Just wait for me at the mall; we can have dinner there," Michelle said as she focused on driving.

"Here we go; we're here. Update me," Michelle said, unbuckling her seatbelt, kissing me on the cheek. "Enjoy your shopping; call me if there's a problem. Bye!" Michelle said as I nodded.

I got out of her car and entered the mall.

When I arrived at the restaurant, Nalin and Nicha were already there, and Melissa and Pau hadn't arrived yet.

"Hey Ann!" Nicha greeted me.

"Hi," I replied coldly.

After 10 minutes, Melissa and Pau still hadn't arrived. Why are these two always late? Why was I the first one here, surrounded by these playful folks in front of me?