5.6 - Enemies always come together

After being unable to break through for a long time, Shen Mian gradually lost his patience. Now he could understand why many great practitioners eventually became possessed.

  He had only made no progress for a few days and was already feeling annoyed. However, those genius practitioners had been stagnant at the peak of the Ascension Realm for hundreds or thousands of years. They were only one step away from becoming immortals, but they could never cross that threshold. Naturally, over time, they would be driven mad.

  Shen Mian had no doubt that when humans reached that level of cultivation, their reverence for gods would be much weakened. Therefore, they would not accept their fate passively, but would only feel resentment and hatred, hating the gods for granting them the means of cultivation but blocking their path to becoming immortals.

  At that time, one's mind and nature become disordered, one's heart for the Tao becomes turbid, and one will naturally become possessed by the devil.

  Shen Mian ate the red dates and thought to himself, how strange! Could it be that he really had to wait for more than ten years like the original owner before he could reshape the Yuandan? Could it be that a person's fate was really predetermined and could not be changed?

  If you make changes without authorization, will bad things happen?

  Shen Mian lay beside the table, frowning in deep thought, but suddenly turned his head and asked a little purple crow beside the table: "Do you think people who don't believe in fate can live long?"

  The little purple crow lowered its head and pecked Shen Mian's fingers gently with its sharp beak, as if to please him.

  Shen Mian snorted, "You're so smart." He picked up a red date and put it to its mouth, watching it peck at it bit by bit, and soon eat the whole red date.

  "I really envy you." Shen Mian murmured softly.

  His original intention was that he envied Zi Ya for not having to practice hard and could live for many years, but for him even a mere hundred years was a luxury.

  But when the Demon Lord heard this, it had a different meaning. What is there for a little bird to envy? Of course, it can soar freely in the sky.

  So the Lord of the Demon World, who had been cold-blooded for thousands of years, became a little soft-hearted at this moment.

  He stepped into the hall, looked at the human boy lying on the table, and said, "I will take you out."

  "Where are you taking me?"

  "outside world."

  The outside world he was referring to naturally refers to the area outside the Demon Realm. Apart from the underworld mountains and rivers, other places are called the "outside world" in the Demon Realm.

  Shen Mian shook her head and advised in the tone of a sister-in-law: "Little Ancestor, you are not allowed to cause trouble again and embarrass His Majesty."

  The Lord of the Demon Realm had a childish face, looking a little unhappy, and said, "I never cause trouble."

  Shen Mian raised his beautiful eyebrows and said, "Oh? The person who was seriously injured and almost died last time, and drank a lot of my blood, wasn't it you?"

  The little devil frowned and explained very seriously: "I will not die. At most I will be able to recover after a hundred years of seclusion."

  He was careless that time. A kid in the Nascent Soul stage, even if he got the sword, could not exert only one tenth or one twelfth of its strength, and was not worth mentioning at all.