Chapter 5

"Do I need to wear a dress for a not-so-special occasion?" Sera frowned at the dresses Naja had been throwing at her.

"At least try to look your best Sera, all of our classmates will be there, don't you wanna see our male classmates hovering over you? or our female mates glare at you with jealousy?" Naja was grinning as she teased Sera.

"No, why would I want that? I am contented with what I look and what I have, I don't want any attention from those pity people, their attention doesn't make me as a person." Sera shoved the dresses back on the rack as she walked out of the boutique.

"Okay, okay jeez Sera." Naja grabbed her arm and wrapped hers around her.

"I don't wanna share you with any of them anyway." then she flashed her sweetest smile at her.

"Yeah, you spoiled brat," Sera said but with a smile, Naja never liked it when people call her spoiled especially her.

"I'm not spoiled!"

"Yeah, yeah hahaha." they laughed and talked a lot as they continued to stroll around the mall, Naja would sometimes buy stuff that she didn't get what is the use of, but she just ignored it. It's not like she's paying them anyway.

Sera felt the vibration on her bag, Dr. Ada was calling her, and she quickly answered the call.

"Yes, Dr. Ada?"

"Please come here to the clinic as fast as possible, we have an emergency."

"Open the damn door Mina!" a mans voice was heard on the background. Sera didn't ask any more from the doctor and just turned the call down.

"I'm sorry Naja, Dr. Ada said it's an emergency I need to go! please be careful on your way home!" Sera screamed as she ran her way out of the mall in panic.

Sera hurriedly hailed a cab and told the driver where to go. While Naja who was left alone in the mall pouted her lips and walked out while stomping her feet like a child.

As Sera rushed her way out of the cab, she can hear a man's voice from afar.

"Open the damn door! Mina, please open the door!" Sera's eyes bulged as she understood the situation.

Sera quickly took her phone and recorded what the man was doing in front of their clinic.

"Hey! stop what you are doing or else I'll show this video to the police!"

"And who the hell are you?! go mind your own business, you damn geek!" Sera fell on her butt as the man pushed her harshly.

"Ouch!"

She heard the unlocking of the door and the next thing she heard was the firing of a gun. Sera quickly stood from the ground and ran towards the door, she saw Dr. Ada with a gun in her hand that was raised on her head, her eyes closed. The man from earlier was already gone.

"Are you okay?" she quickly asked and checked the doctor.

"I'm fine, thank you for coming here. Please let us talk inside, that man might come back again and hurt you."

"He didn't hurt you did he? who was that by the way?" Dr. Ada was silent for a while and only spoke once they were both sitting on their stools.

"H-He. That man was my Ex," Ada exhaled a sharp breath before she looked at Sera.

"He wanted to get back with me-No it's more like he wants me back because of money." Ada started, her face was serious while Sera listened to her quietly.

"Then why didn't you reported him to the police?" Ada just stayed silent, for she knew why she couldn't do it.

Sera sighed and stood from her chair.
"Will it be okay if I leave you alone now Dr. Ada?" to be honest, Sera didn't wanna leave the Doctor alone but it was already getting late.

"Yes, thank you for helping and listening to me Sera. I don't know why, but I really feel light everytime that I'm with you, I don't feel scared even if I tell you every secret that I have. I don't know Sera." Sera gasped as she was pulled by the Doctor for a tight hug.

"I know you were stressed out about what happened today, please take a rest and I'll be calling you to go to the clinic everytime I will be needing you. That means that you will not be staying at the clinic all the time. Just when I needed a hand, that's all. You can go now, thank you." Sera stared at Ada for a moment before stepping her feet to leave the clinic.

Sera too, was wondering. She was known to be aloof towards other people, well except to Naja, Aunt Kenna and her mom. Dr. Ada seems to get well with her the same way.

But the closeness that she felt towards the doctor seems to be different compared to the closeness she had with Naja, her feeling and connection towards the doctor appears to be more stronger. After all she wouldn't rush her way to the clinic if it was any other people.

Sera sighed, all of this stuffs is making her head ache. She quickened her pace as her head kept on throbbing in pain.

"Aaggh!" Sera abruptly opened the door to her house and walked in zigzag. Her babies appeared in front of her while wagging their tails and looking up to her.

"Meow~" Sylvester rubbed his body on her leg as she stood still on her ground, trying to balance herself as her vision begun to get blurry.

Sera tried to walk again towards the sofa where she was near, but before she could even sit on it her body fell on the floor.

Cloud, Caious and Sylvester rushed over her, they were barking and meowing but her eyelids felt so heavy.

But before she could totally close her eyes, the door to her house burst open.

"Sera~ I bought you something!" then she heard something fell on the floor.

"N-Naja,"

"Sera!" Naja rushed over her in panic and concern.
"What happened?!" Naja was checking her everywhere, she slightly slapped Naja on the shoulder as she chuckled lightly.

"I had a massive head ache silly, I'm not injured." Naja pouted at her, her eyes slightly teary.

"I was just worried you know! you suddenly left me at the mall then, when I came here I'll see you at that kind of state! what do you want me to do?! laugh?" Naja couldn't hold it any longer, she bended on her knees and cried on Sera's chest who was still laying on the floor.

Sera felt a little guilty for teasing Naja but her head started to throb again.

"I'll apologize to you later, but please can you help me up? I kinda feel nauseous." Naja was quick to dry her tears and help Sera to get up from the floor, and as they both ascended the stairs towards Sera's room the three followed them.

"Please rest, I'll take care of you."