Chapter 38

"Knox!"

A woman, maybe the same height as Sera cane rushing from the forest. Her short dark silky hair that shines in the dark like the ravens feather dances in the air as she ran towards them. Her round dark eyes reflecting the anger in her chest, her thick black eyebrows knitted and her heart shaped lips that was screaming someone's name so loud.

"You! Stop right there! Don't you dare land another lightning or I will smack your ass!" She screamed, the woman was wearing what seemed to be a white 'kosode' and a scarlet 'hakama' a traditional clothing for a 'miko' also known as shrine maiden.

The woman quickly slowed down her pace as she went close to them, Caious put down his katana and so does Cloud. Once she was in front of them, she immediately bowed her head and apologized to them.

"I apologize on his behalf, my father is currently not here right now, if he's the one that you are looking for." She said standing straight her eyes scanning their faces.

"Oohh? You didn't bring Sera?" The woman asked, looking at Caious.

"You're that girl right? Quinn? The one who burned that woman Akane to crisp." Quinn giggled and flashed a cheerful smile on them.

"Yes! The one and only,"

"Do you know them Quinn?" Knox asked getting out of the temple, he was wearing a traditional kimono for men, his kimono was a mix of white and red, his juban kimono that was peeking through his neck was black, the obi that was wrapped around his waist was the color of Grey, white and red. Finally his haori jacket was simply placed on his shoulder.

He walked towards them holding his katana on his right hand over his shoulder.

"Yes, do you remember when a number of Naraka's attacked the city? And then I burned that one woman who was about to turn into one! And meet my sister Sera!" She said gleefully, the mask on her waist caught Naja's attention.

"What happened when you first turned into a Seraphim? And how were you able to control your transformation?" Naja was getting impatient, they have to get answers as quickly as they can.

The thick mist surrounding the temple disappeared same as the thick black clouds that was covering the moon.

Quinn smiled at her sweetly and walled towards her, she then pointed towards the temple.

"Let us answer your questions inside, it is dark and cold outside." She said as they guide them towards the back side of the temple.

"Father is quite busy right now, the number of Naraka's have been rapidly increasing and the humans have been feeling more anxious and depressed." As they were guided towards the back, they saw a small hut there. Knox went to it first and opened the door for them.

Once they've entered the hut, it was like they were inside a trance.

"Is this one of your tricks again Griffin?" Naja asked a bit annoyed.

"No! I didn't do anything," Quinn giggled again.

"Ohh, I'm sorry about that. Father had put magique inside the hut for us to live in earth," inside of the small hut was a spacious Victorian castle like living room, walls decorated in beige and gold wallpapers, large old paintings hanging on every side of it. Glaucous colored curtains draping on every large windows. Naja raised her head and was mesmerized by the painted ceiling, 'The Creation of Adam' was placed on the center. Naja's brows knitted as she noticed the angels. It was only supposed to be on the God's sides, why are there angels on Adam's side to?

"Please make yourself at home," Quinn said as she seats on one of the elegant looking sofas there.

Naja seated on one of it as her eyes scanned the gold armrest of it, the design and details of it.