43. Cody Weightman ❤️

“Are you ready?” I asked Grace, an envelope in my hand that had the gender of our baby inside. We were in our car, finding out on our own, none of our other kids or doctors around. This might be our last child, and honestly, we wanted to make it special, we were definitely done, so now all we could do was make the most of it.

“Yep” She replied as I slowly opened the envelope. My body fell into shock. There was no way. “Cody tell me what is it”

“A Boy” Finally we had gotten a boy, don't get me wrong i loved all of my girls, they were the most beautiful things on this planet but i couldn't help but feel overjoyed that i finally got a little boy.
“Finally a miniature Cody” She said, sobbing happily into my jacket as I rubbed her shoulder.

“That sounds a tiny bit traumatising. If he’ll be anything like me, that is” I chuckled, kissing her forehead.

The months flew past as we made the most of every single moment. Eventually, the day came, and he was finally here.

“He looks so much like you” grace marvelled as i hung over her shoulder. He was adorable, and he did look sort of like me as a baby, but he definitely had grace lips and ears. You could probably tell he was my baby.

“Do you want to hold him?” she asked. This was the moment i had waited for for so long. She passed him to me, his small body in my arms as he opened his eyes.

“Hello Kyle, i'm your daddy” i said in my baby voice, as i had done with all my other babies, but this time it was a bit different, it was more emotional getting a boy, a mini me to love i guess. “Me and your mummy love you so so much already” I said, kissing him on the very top of his head where his blonde tufts laid. He was all we could ever want and more.

Welcome to the world, Kyle Maverick Weightman, you’re so perfect already 💗