Chapter 9

Things turned out to be easier than Aiden Walker had imagined.

At first, the school flatly refused his request to borrow a Mecha for dismantling, citing their limited number and heavy usage. How could they possibly spare one?

Later, Aiden Walker brought his father to the school, proposing to donate their family's display Mecha. However, they wanted to learn from the school's Mecha to modify theirs into a combat-ready version.

The school hesitated.

If successful, the 3212 Academy would gain an additional Mecha. But if the modification failed or damaged the school's Mecha, the losses would be significant.

After some deliberation, the school offered a compromise. They agreed to lend a Mecha but insisted that the dismantling and modification be done by school teachers.

Aiden Walker objected, "Which teacher at the school can transform a display Mecha into a combat Mecha?"

He had only mentioned bringing the Mecha home for modification by a hired Mecha Pilot, not revealing it was Skyler.

In the end, the school compromised, allowing Aiden Walker to take charge but assigning a teacher as an assistant.

The school was quite cunning. On one hand, the teacher could assist and prevent issues. On the other hand, if the family's Mecha Pilot proved skilled, the teacher might learn something.

Excitedly, Aiden Walker contacted Skyler on Light Brain, informing her that he had secured the school's Mecha. They decided to work on it every night.

On the night the Mecha arrived at the Walker's, Skyler immediately started dismantling it. The two teachers assisting her were stunned to see Skyler.

Watching her skilled disassembly, one teacher hesitated, "Aren't you a student from Class B?"

Skyler nodded, not slowing down her precise work. She carefully removed several key components, noting they were much more complex than those in display Mechas, essentially two completely different systems.

Initially, she thought the modification would be quick. However, it now seemed it would take at least a month.

"Combat Mecha engines are hard to find on the market, and they're incredibly expensive. Modifying it seems nearly impossible," one teacher remarked as Skyler carried the engine to a nearby table.

Skyler replied, "I won't buy it. I'll see if I can make one."

The two teachers exchanged glances, their faces betraying a mix of disappointment and skepticism.

Initially impressed by Skyler's expertise, they now doubted her knowledge. Did she really think making an engine was that easy?

Skyler was unaware of and indifferent to the teachers' thoughts. She worked through the night, dismantling every possible part of the school's Mecha, reducing the towering machine to piles of components.

"I'll give you a shopping list. Buy everything on it," Skyler said, handing Aiden Walker a list she spent an hour writing.

Aiden Walker took the list and was shocked to see it was two meters long, wondering if it would cost a fortune.

Upon closer inspection, he was astonished again.

Every item on the list, from screws to metal joints, had its purchase address and price marked.

Was Skyler a perfectionist?

Aiden Walker was surprised to find the total cost at the bottom to be only two million star coins, including ten grams of Wandering Gold. This meant the actual cost was just one million star coins.