Chapter 8

2024, Milan, Italy

2024, Milan, Italy

"Why do you guys speak like you're from the 19th century?", Kota pipes up, halting the argument about to ensue between these strangers. We had been listening to them talk from the door from the time they woke up, but they were too busy fighting to notice us.

"Kota! Shush! It was just getting interesting!", Jackson hisses

"Oh shut up, Don't shout at my baby", I speak up, hugging Kota's side.

"Of course, he's your baby. Stop playing favourites Thea!", Jackson exclaims, making this a group hug.

"Ahem"

We look up to the guy that cleared his throat, with wide eyes. We look like a deer caught in headlights.

"Oh sorry you guys had to see that", Dakota says, getting out of the hug.

"Who are you people!", the blonde screams, pointing a finger at us. She was the one who was insulting the other guy heavily, which I didn't appreciate in my household. I guess I'll talk to her about that later, assuming they remained alive until then. Hehe

"And who are you guys?", Jackson retorts, giving her a cocky smirk.

"I apologise for being crude, but aren't you the ones that kidnapped us? Shouldn't you know who we are?", the blonde guy speaks. He looks like the typical playboy, with tousled blonde hair and clear blue eyes.

"We're the ones that rescued you from your so called kidnappers", I reply. I don't think they were kidnapped. Many things don't add up, and while I don't think they are dangerous or harbouring ill intentions, I also don't think everything is as it seems.

"And we are supposed to believe you?! Look at how you're dressed, no self respecting lady in society would be seen alive in that", the redhead screeches, eyeing my outfit up and down in disgust.

I was honestly confused. I just came back from meetings for Castellanos Line of Hotels, and was wearing my work attire.

I would not let anyone talk to me like that, but I don't know these people, or how they grew up

I would not let anyone talk to me like that, but I don't know these people, or how they grew up. I was also too tired and lazy to argue. The girl's lucky none of my brothers were present here.

"Watch how you speak to Thea, or your heart won't be beating for much longer", Jackson growls, giving the redhead a death glare. Although Jackson is no scarier than a puppy to me, I have to admit he can be intimidating as hell when need be, but I guess that's a given as the head of the Chinese Triad.

"Did you just threaten her?", the blonde asks incredulously.

"It was not a threat, but a promise. You're lucky her brothers and Ivan are not here, or else you would not be alive to even ask this right now", Kota replies, also sounding pissed off.

I hug his side to calm him down. Kota's always been a diplomat who solves the fights, so seeing him angry is quite rare. But what he said was right, not only my brothers but Ivan was also a shoot first, ask questions later kind of guy.

"I apologise on her behalf, and assure you that she will be reprimanded for her actions and words. Allow me to introduce myself, I am James Harrington, he is Nicholas Cullen and this is William Carlton", the annoyingly attractive black haired guy speaks up, pointing to the brown haired guy and then to the blonde guy.

"And this is Olivia, my sister and Bridget, Williams sister", he continues to which Olivia interjects saying "and also his betrothed".

Oh well, I guess he's taken. Sad, but also interesting as James gives a sharp glare to Olivia when she speaks up. That's suspicious, That's weird.

"Well James, I'm Dakota Beckett and this is Jackson Wang", Dakota starts, nodding his head in Jacksons directions, to which James and William widen their eyes in shock.

"And this is Althea, the lady with no self respect", Jackson continues, throwing a glare at Bridget along with his remark.

"Wait, by Jackson Wang, would you perhaps mean the Wang Family from China?", William asks shocked.

"Who else?", Jackson replies, looking smug. You could see the gears move in William's head, clicking into place about Jackson's identity. what's more surprising is that James does not look so shocked, or he still looks like he's calculating everything behind those forest green eyes.

"Bridget! You foolish child, how could you offend people from the Wang Family!", William hisses, looking at Bridget furiously, while she just looks down in shame.

"William, calm down. They don't seem like the people who would take great offence to this", Nicholas speaks up, placing a hand on Williams shoulder.

"There is no way Nicholas. This would put great shame on our families name in society", Nicholas explains, getting more frustrated.

"Again, Why do you guys speak like you're from the 19th century?", Dakota questions, halting the ensuing argument.

"Because we are?", William states, but it sounds more like a question.

"Yeah Yeah, Very funny. Now tell me what you guys are talking about?"

Jackson may think they are joking, but I actually believe them. No one can put up an act like this, without at least cracks in the details. Moreover, the clothes we found them in are stuff that should've been fossils by now. Half the materials and techniques are not prevalent now, and some have even vanished.

"But we are from 1869, Queen Victoria is ruling right now!", Nicholas excliams.

"If you're actually from 1869, who's the head of the Wang Family right now?", Jackson quizes

"Master Lu Si"

"What about the Volkov's?",

"Mr. Dmitri Volkov"

"What about the Castellanos?", I pipe up, maybe this is actually time travel.

"Mariana Castellanos", James replies. Oh God, I love his husky, deep voice. It may just be my favourite sound.

"Well, What about the Morelli's?"

"I don't know, and nobody knows except people associated to them. That information has remained top secret ever since the beginning", James replies.

Oh Shit

Stuff like this would only be known by people from the 1800's and my family. Our information had to be released due to the media around our companies, but the age old tradition of keeping our identities hidden was only known by me and my brothers.

"I think they're right. Stuff like this is not known by anyone other than me and my brothers. It's a Morelli Secret", I say, looking at Jackson and Dakota.

"What do you mean Morelli secret? Then how would you know the secret?", William asks.

"Oh I forget to Introduce myself properly. I am Althea Andrea Rose Castellanos-Morelli"