Greed- Judgement of Corruption- Black Star

"Now, let the trial begin."

"The defendant is not guilty."

Shouts and retorts about the judge's decision echoed through the courtroom. "Order! My decision is absolute! He is not guilty!"

The blunette judge smirked as he crinkled up a $1,000 bill he had received from the defendant.

This corruption of justice is decided by the wealth of the one who is accused.

"Another trial gone corrupted?" a woman with raven black hair asked.

"Corrupted? No, Ma, don't you realize what's really important here?" Black Star chuckled.

Being master of the court, what I desire more than justice is money

"I'm afraid to ask. After we got you that spoon you've been acting strange you know." Ma crossed her arms over her chest. "All you want now-"

"Is money! But all for a good reason, my dear Ma. I know you told me to no longer call you dear after what happened, but I'm just surprised you still hang around." Black Star chuckled.

"You know I have my reasons for what we did. But forgetting that, how many more unfair trials are going to take place?" Ma sighed.

"Well, does it really matter? After all, it is what judges people."

Even those heinous people can truly be forgiven as long as they pay me...

For money's the best lawyer in hell!

"It doesn't matter who it is! Child, adult, man, woman, I just need the money!!" Black Star laughed, going over to a safe in his office and opening it, stuffing the bill into the box.

"Your greed is growing more and more every day..." Ma shook her head.

Your appearance and your age, your gender or your race. That's irrelevant to me.

"I know you told me the more I want, the more it grows, but does that really seem all that bad? The guilty get set free, so what?" Black Star chuckled, slamming the safe shut. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go talk to someone. I have another trial soon and I want to know how much I'll get from it."

The only thing that matters is can or can't you pay. That's all I need.

"Black Star, you do remember how many you need. It'll happen then." Ma told the blunette, who sighed in response. He didn't feel like having this talk again for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

"I like what I have now. But who knows? I might get greedy enough that I'll be desperate and look myself." he shrugged before walking out and back to the court lobby.

The rest of your life is dependent on me. If you want salvation, show me your money!

Ma waved Black Star goodbye before sighing, staring out the window and towards where Black Star's home resided. "If only I could get my hands on you... It'd finally be complete..." she frowned before walking out of the office.

So sin is truly my only consideration in my corrupted sense of judgment. If you want to emerge from the swamp of false accusations, then you will give me all of your money...

Another day, another trial and Black Star had finally arrived home. He went straight for a room that had a plate above the doorframe reading: My beloved daughter. Black Star quietly opened it and saw his young daughter, Maka, sitting in her wheelchair.

"Maka, father's home." he smiled softly before Maka looked up at him with a matching smile. "Hello, father. Was work well?" she asked as her father kneeled in front of her. "Yes, I received even more money. You'll be able to walk soon..."