Chapter 25

It was the second day (Y/N) was staying in the village, and she had finally come up with a plan. She knew the demon was going after women her age, so she knew how she would find it. So, as the sun began to set, she put on her uniform and grabbed her sword before leaving the inn. People were rushing inside their homes looking nervous. Ignoring the stares she was getting, (Y/N) walked through the village, trying her best to keep calm.

"Hey, you shouldn't be out here at night" she suddenly heard a familiar voice. Turning her head, she spotted the male she had talked to when she first arrived.

"I told you, women have been going missing, get back inside" the male was trying to get her to go back, clearly worried about her well being.

"I can't" (Y/N) shook her head,

"what do you mean?" He asked,

"I'm going to stop what's going on, I won't let any other women here go missing" the demon slayer stated. Though she sounded confident, there was a hint of nervousness in her voice. Knowing there was a chance she would encounter an upper moon did scare her, but she wouldn't back down.

"Now, you're the one who should get inside" the young woman warned the male next to her.

"Bu-" suddenly, he fell to the floor, his arm bleeding.

"Are you ok?!" (Y/N) Kneeled down next to him as she examined his injury.

"What-what was that?!" The man's panicked voice rang out.

"I don't have time to explain, but we need to get you somewhere safe" the demon slayer replied as she helped him up. Putting his arm around her shoulders, (Y/N) looked around. She couldn't see anyone or anything around them, but she had a feeling the demon was nearby. Making her way to the entrance of the Inn, she spotted the owner who had woken up.

"What's going on?" The older woman asked, eyes going wide when she spotted the injured man. (Y/N) didn't bother explaining anything.

"Just treat his injuries and do not leave this building" the young woman instructed her as she sat the injured young man down on a chair. She then turned to go back outside.

"Wait, what about you?!" The older woman questioned in a worried tone.

"I'll be fine, just stay inside." (Y/N) repeated her instructions before going back outside. It was quiet, too quiet. Pulling out her sword, the young woman scanned the area, eyes narrowing.

"Show yourself" she called out, waiting for some sort of response. At first, she didn't hear or see anything. However, a moment later she suddenly felt a strong presence appear behind her. Her eyes went wide as a razor sharp golden fan appeared in front of her. There was a demon standing behind her, an Upper Moon at that.

"Don't you look adorable" the demon spoke, sending a shiver down (Y/N)'s spine. Then, the demon disappeared before reappearing across from her. She took in the demon's appearance. Pale skin, platinum blond hair, and what was most striking about him was his eyes. They were rainbow, if he was human, they would be mesmerizing. What terrified her however, was the Kanji engraved in his eyes.

"Upper two" seeing that, (Y/N) could feel her body began to tremble, though she tried not to show it. She gripped the handle of her blade, this was not going to be an easy battle.