To be a rainbow in someone's cloudy sky.

...Earlier in the day...

"Clara, is everything alright?...you have been staring at my gown, would you like to try it?" Safa said as Clara was with her in her bedroom, about to help her dress when the young anxious maid paused and just stared away with the dress still in her hands.

Realizing that she was spaced out, "No... M'Lady...I don't think green is flattering on me." Clara replied with a chuckle.

"I know little of fashion, but I believe a deep shade of Blue might be your color, next time I plan to have a dress made, I will let you know, I would love to gift you a gown of your own." Safa said.

Smiling, "Thank you M'Lady! I'll look forward to such gift." Clara responded, "Please, you might be in the process of helping me dress but you are still my guest, so call me Safa like you did yesterday, there is no need for formalities between us." Safa replied.

"Alright...Safa, to be completely truthful, I wasn't thinking of your dress, it is a beautiful one but my mind was on something else.

Two things actually..." Clara said.

"Then tell me, I am all ears for you." Safa replied and tapped on the spot next to her on the bed, inviting Clara to come sit beside her.

As Clara sat down, she took a deep breath.

"You seem more nervous than usual...did something bad happen?" Safa asked.

"Well I have two sorts of news, good and bad...I don't know if Wolfgang is planning to tell you about the bad one however, I mean I think he should let you know but...Maybe I should tell you, since it's not a secret or anything of that kind." Clara said.

"Tell me the good news first then, it might make whatever you say next easier on both of us." Safa replied.

"Alright...well...I believe that something between Wolfgang and my Lord, James might have happened yesterday...while we weren't looking." Clara replied.

With one eyebrow higher than the other, "Something, such as?" Safa questioned.

"I don't know, but earlier they were somewhat...flirting with one another in the drawing room." Clara said blushing.

Confused at first, "Drawing room?...oh! You mean the parlor? Wait flirting? As in charming each other with silly romantic phrases?" Safa asked.

"Uhh you have a unique definition of flirting Safa.

To be honest, it wasn't outright flirting...more like they were at ease with one another all of the sudden, I mean they have been at each other's throats for the past 3 years and then all of the sudden they spend one day together and Their tones to each other change, they start engaging in more conversations than usual, and Their argument now seem lighthearted almost playful." Clara explained.

"Clara, Do you think they did something... intimate?"

"No not yet...I would've noticed something."

"Jesus Christ how can you tell if something of that sort has happened?" Safa asked genuinely surprised, "You live and you learn they say...If you wish, I will teach you these things someday Safa." Clara replied.

"I will hold you to your promise, I would like to be aware if anything serious should end-up happening between those two, it might change my mind on a certain matter." Safa said, "You mean James's marriage proposal? Oh! Do you plan to cover for him if he and Wolfgang became lovers?" Clara asked.

Smiling, Safa ignored the question and asked her own question, "How about you take another deeper breath now and tell me...what bad news does today carry?" Safa asked.