Chapter 37: Oblivious

⚡️Lyle⚡️

⚡️Lyle⚡️

I was holding her in my arms.

I just want to get rid of all her sorrow and pain and sadness. I want to get rid of every bad thing that is hurting her right now.

I want to hold her to me, I want to tell her she'll never experience a single bad thing in her life and never let her go because she'll be safe with me and only me.

My girl doesn't deserve all this. She's too sensitive for this. She's the most innocent soul I know and I can't bare the thought of this being a burden on her. She's the last person to deserve it.

I so badly want to help but I don't know where to start. I don't know how to get rid of her nightmares. I don't know how to get rid of her family issues. I don't know how to get rid of her childhood haunting her.

All I can do is hold her and tell her she can get through it. Tell her that she's strong and to believe in herself to get through it.

But it wasn't enough for me. She deserves to be happy. She deserves to be fucking happy at her fullest, enjoying her last few days of being a teenager and not have a single negative thing in her life.

I took her to my place and I tried to get her to rest in my bedroom but she's just been crying in my arms the whole time we've been here and I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do.

She told me about what happened with her mother and I told her that it'll be okay but she said that it wouldn't be.

I told her that she can get through it and to not listen to those bad words but she wasn't listening.

I was midway of calling Alec because he had more control with these type of situations but she wouldn't let me call him either.

She said she didn't want him to panic and worry and drop everything just for her.

I told her that he could help but she was very firm on the no.

I hated seeing her like this. It hurt me a lot to just sit there and accept the fact to do nothing but wait for her to calm down.

When I tried to fix it again, tried to bring up the conversation, she said she didn't want to talk about it anymore and that she just wanted it to be quiet.

And of course I was going to listen to her because I'll listen to whatever she says to me like the lost cause I was and so we've just been sitting in the silence, laying on my bed.