2. Great Tribulation

Warning ⚠️: This chapter in question has details that are not eighteen plus but are definitely for those in the in the mature age range of 14–16. Beware of mentions of light sexual things.

Context: Devon's mother had been murdered by Chucky, and Devon has been taking his days rather slowly, grieving for her death, which meant too much for him. But he needs to consider options when it comes to housing because nobody other than possible foster parents are going to take care of this gloomy child.

Devon takes down all the artifacts he had pinned on the wall surrounding serial killer memorabilia when a familiar person walks through his door...

Jake: Hey.

Devon: Hey.

Jake: I'm sorry about your mother; your aunt said you're down here, so.

Devon: I thought we said we weren't gonna-

Jake: I'm not here about Chucky. I'm here for you. I'm worried about you. You know how much I care about you.

Devon: You don't have to worry or care about me. I'm not going to be around here for much longer.

Jake: What do you mean?

Jake looks at Devon with an expression that Devon will never forget.

Devon: I'm only staying with my aunt for, like, a week. She can't take care of me forever. You know, since my mother died, I don't have anyone.

Jake: You have me, though!

Devon: Are you planning to be a parent? I didn't exactly think so.

Jake: So where are you going to go?

Devon: I don't know where all kids with no parents go. Some foster homes with unloving families. I don't know if I'll stay in Jersey.

Jake: I'm sure there's someplace you could stay. You know, maybe I can ask my uncle, maybe Lexy, or–

Devon: Jake... I'm affrighted for my safety and scarcely for yours. I was mentally conceiving. Maybe I should just leave, You Ken, so I don't have to worry about my safety, including you additionally. On my very own. Maybe then I'd get to decide where to go. But for now, I must go.

Jake: You know... I've thought about running away.

Devon: Yeah?

Jake: Lots of times, after my mom died.

Devon: What stopped you?

Jake: You. I stayed and suffered from my father because I didn't like the idea of not seeing you every day. I was on the brink of suicide, but you stopped it. You made me believe that things were truly going to get better after my mother died, you know.

Devon: Don't, Jake. Just being around, you hurts because all I can think about when I see you is what she looked like, lying there with a cold face and expressionless.

Jake: Oh. Um, maybe I can come back another time or...?

Devon: No. I'm sorry.

Jake: Uh, it's okay, I'll go.

A day or so passes by like clouds decaying in the dead of night. Devon has other plans than to go with his aunt; rather, he has plans to go to Charles Lee Ray's house and try to investigate. This plan was already under suspicion by Jake, so when Jake heard of the news of this house blowing up, he came to Devon's room to mourn and grieve about his very lover's death.

Jake: I wish you were here by my side, God; it would make life so much easier. Your very touch is something that I yearn for something to loath about as I lay in your very pit of slumber. When you took my waist, it felt as though my world lit up, but when you left, my world stopped spinning. I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you.

Devon: Then I saw you were not perfect, and I loved you even more. (Devon finishes the quote by Angelita Lim.).

Jake: YOUR BACK!

Instantly, Jake throws himself onto Devon, closing his arms tightly around Devon and throwing the two on the bed. Jake's on top of Deon, and he starts kissing him, then Devon makes his way down Jake's neck as he starts making hickeys on his neck and collarbone. Jake moans profusely with high admiration for his boyfriend, Devon.

Jake: Y-y-you found the sweet spot, Devon boy. I love you.

Devon: I love you more.

Jake: No, I do.

Devon: That's not possible.

Devon starts biting down hardly on the same hickey spots, making them bigger rather than invisible like the other ones. Jake starts gyrating against Devon quickly, causing Devon to let out a small groan. They then start making out as they continue to persist in gyrating each other's genitals against each other. Lexy, worried for Devon, made the trip to his place, pondering the possibility of Devon's death. Lexy, without knocking, runs through Devon's doorway and catches the two together in bed, about to make love to each other...

Lexy: AHHH, WHAT THE FUCK!?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE FUCKING DEAD!!

Devon and Jake together scream: AHHHHHHHHH!!

Devon: WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!

Jake: We're busy here-

Lexy: No shit Sherlock, I came because I thought you were dead since Chucky's childhood home had exploded.

Jake: Wait, so you thought so too?

Devon: Yeah, so maybe I should've texted y'all... That's on me.

Lexy storms out of the room, holding her middle finger out. The two look at each other and realize their boners have now been restrained; they both have flushed expressions.

Jake: When you close your eyes and start thinking about what's in your heart, who's in there? Unfiltered.

Devon: The feeling of love is so familiar in my heart. Do you want to know why? Because the feeling you bring to me on a silver platter is love. When you put your all into making things up with me, I secretly think of how horrible life would be without seeing you every day.

Jake: Me too... It's strange that when I'm worried, I'd want to be worried with you. When I'm scared, at the very least, I want to be scared with you. Do you feel the same way?

Devon: Of course I do! This fruitful young love is so everlasting, I can't picture it with anyone else but you.

They lay back onto Devon's king-size bed and started spooning each other, with Jake being the big spoon, obviously.

Jake: You're so warm, baby; you need to know that for some reason.

Devon: Thanks. I guess I mean it's mainly because you keep holding me close to you. It's a little concerning...

Jake: Hehe, I like a close Devon more than a detective one.

Devon: Whatever makes you feel better, I will be the person you desire.

Jake: Anyway, lover boy I was wondering if we could stay like this for very long.

Devon: How long do you have in mind? (Smirking at Jake in a questioning manner.).

Jake looks down to the edge of the bed and says.

Jake: I was thinking all night.

Devon: I think I can fit that into my schedule...

Jake and Devon's warmth bring them together even more than before. The thoughts of love start to sway as both of them slowly commence to fall to sleep.