Welcome to Tokyo

"I was worried you weren't gonna show." I smiled at the honeylike voice as I approached our designated meeting spot.  Luckily, I have been able to keep my whereabouts secretive enough, He hasn't caught my trail yet, though I will need to move quickly very soon.  

"I am not as fond of getting lost in a new city as I once was, and I am loyal to my word." I dipped my head slightly when I stood before him earning a slightly confused look before he shook it off.  'Noted it is no longer customary to curtsy or bow to those of unknown standing'.  "I trust you have a route and an eatery chosen?"

"Eatery? umm... yeah, there's this really cool diner that makes the best chicken, it's to die for."  Worry must have clouded my features because he quickly followed with. "Shit you might not know that expression i mean it's really good."

"Odd expression indeed why would one die for something so trivial as chicken, unless of course there is a feminine but as far as I have been informed there is no such thing at this time." 

"It's so strange your Japanese is amazing but you don't get any slang or figures of speech."

"I feel as if they are not worth learning, patterns of speech change so often it is not worth learning.  Speak the full truth if you wish to speak and do so clearly that is what my mother taught me."  We continued to walk along the streets of Tokyo until we got to a little eatery decorated with green and white banners along the entrance.  To my luck the glass had a beautiful 'Welcome' written in white allowing my entry with no hiccup.   As we were seated, I remembered a slight problem with this plan 'I have no clue how to get away with not eating.'

"Everything okay?" Hawks asked when I hadn't picked up my menu after a little too long.  'Lie'

"Yes... I am embarrassed to say despite my fluency with this language I am not the strongest at your alphabet.  Kanji has never been my strong suit..." I trailed off ducking my head in mock embarrassment and praying to whatever god that he wouldn't call my bluff.

"Damn looks like I have an extra reason to ask for a second date.  I can be your tutor."

"Unnecessary but thank you none the less."

"How about I order for you I do know what's good here after all."

"That sounds like a swell idea thank you... Hawks."  His name felt off in my mouth, it wasn't his.  Better to say it wasn't owned by him quite like my own name it's the chain that attached him to something or someone it isn't a name he can claim. 

After we got our food came the next challenge, my kind can't safely consume human food.  It will make us violently ill, so much so the smell alone is repulsive.  But it seems luck wishes to stay at my side today, Hawks was much more interested with stories I had of my time in my Slovak homeland than he did my eating or lack thereof.

"It was really that cold?"

"Yes, Russia is known to be of the coldest nations.  The falls are so beautiful when they reflect the aurora, it is as if the spirits are reaching out to us once again.  Too ride alongside the rivers on when the weather is blessed to be clear, there is no greater beauty."

"You ride horses?"

"Of course, it is quite difficult to travel in many other ways, maybe by sled with a team of hounds but that has always been my least favorite.  Do not tell me you have never ridden a horse."

"Not a one.  I might have to visit you when you go back home, you'll have to teach me everything deal?"  'He will be long dead before I make my return, but that hopeful look it is too beautiful to dismiss.'

"You have yourself a deal but only if you show me every shadow this city has to offer."

"Done" 

"Well, it looks like we have a second date to plan don't we."  He practically beamed at that prospect, though I don't truly understand why.  A man as beautiful as an angel with such popularity to be a 'pro hero' must have hundreds throwing themselves to his feet.  The poor thing he must truly be trapped in a cage.