Chapter Two: Grocery

A week later.

"Who is that stupid again?" it was the tired voice of Thea who was currently lying on her bed. Her voice was full of complaints. I was currently checking for my phone searching for the job hiring that was located near Johnsons Street, which is a resort, and what she thought was that I was chatting on a new girl again.

"Shut up, Thea. I have to go. Bye." I flew a kiss on the air. "Kisses." And she groans because she doesn't want to be left alone again. I carried on my brown backpack while wearing casual clothes like some kind of blue loose denim paired with latté V-neck t-shirt. Just being conservative, you know."

I listened on the female cover song Obladi-Oblada through my phone while riding on the bus through the said address. This is how it feels like when you don't have a stable job. I mean, I'm still 23, so getting a stable job is one miracle at this age. Finally the bus stopped so I took my backpack and went out when an old half-bald guy greeted me warmly. He offered me a smile so I kindly returned him one then he took my belongings.

He says. "Mrs Devin told me you're coming today, so I know it's you. I'll just place your belongings in your room, and you can either take your breakfast or take some rest first?"

"Uh... no thanks. I ate on my way."

"Okay."

"Uhm...can I help you with that?" he's a little casual, so I gotta act the same. We can be friends if we want to.

"Sure. Here's the way." It was a staff room. I guess I will be staying here for at least two days since the owner left for Michigan. Once my stuff was neatly set on the small dresser, he bid goodbye and then left. I decided to sit on my bed and call Thea.

"Hey? Where are you?" her voice was still sleepy. I guess she still isn't up until now.

"I'm at Johnsons Street, uh...at Cherry Pine Resort. I guess I will be out for two days, so make sure our room is clean, okay? Especially my precious bed." damn it. Do I sound like a mother?

"Two days? That's two years, babe. I will just go there instead." She whines.

"Are you nuts? I dare you. I will make sure to wreck you the whole two 2 days Therese."

"Fine, you are leaving me behind, and that hurts me. I'm all alone and broke now." I knew she pouted.

"Whatever. Do not bring girls with dirty filthy feet understood?" I hung up and decided to move and do my certain job. My purpose of coming here is to work, of course, and sleeping nor rest is not on my vocabulary when I am at work looking for some dollars.

"Hey? I thought you were going to sleep first?" it was the recent old guy with blonde half-bald hair. Did I mention he is blonde?

"I just thought sleeping is a lack of time. I should help you instead."

He laughs. "That is so kind of you. I'm Jack, by the way. "

"And I'm Eli. Tell me how I can assist you with that?" he smiled and looked at the food he was currently mixing.

"It's uh...Wagyu beef. It's Dr Cameron's special dish."

"Uhm...your other...guest?" I know I am being nosy, but I had to know what if he is one of those guests who I can not handle with?

"He's actually the owner's son."

"Ahh...so Mrs Devin Cameron was the resort's owner then?"

He chuckles. "You are a smart one. Cool"

I smiled proudly and handed him the pepper, then once again asked. "I'm amazed by your warm greeting recently. Thanks."

"Of course. Mrs Devin was the kindest lady I have ever known ever...as in ever in the rest of the Americans that she ordered me to greet and approach every people warmly as they had to. She teaches me how to make conversation light and every good deed. Isn't she?" Then he continues. "But his son was a little...ill-mannered."

"An ill-mannered....doctor? Interesting"

"Exactly. Sure, he is."

I just open my jaw, seeing nonsense. Until he started serving the food on the neat kitchen. I now guess he is their personal butler or something. I have a strong feeling about that.

Four of the rooms were currently occupied with lots of guests. Used towels were kinda dirty, so I decided to take them out to the laundry. While hanging them out to the garden, a black Audi pulled in the gate and was probably opened by Jack-the half-bald guy. Must be the Dr Cameron, he says. Once all were set, I decided to open my phone and started to sell my recruited materials from one of my social media friends. She sells fancy things, so I realize that I could re-sell them with the shipping fee. When a notification bells an order from my contact appeared. It was a set of girly sexy underwear that was worth a dollar. Some were using their phone to pay, and some were through their bank accounts. There were actually lots of ways of paying a check, credit cards, or COD. I set a schedule for two days, and fortunately, she agrees directly. Actually when I was in my college I used to take the course Business Sales and Management. But I didn't have enough amounts to spend for my daily life during my early 20s. So do I have this time? I'm just twenty-three and a half years old, and I was still hoping to have stable work. The Bourse Company only has the largest insurance, so it was what my chosen company to work and get a job...well soon, I guess. Having just a two-digit dollar will never be enough only for all of my expenses, which is why I had to do part-time jobs either overnight or half day. All I did was get a job and then get paid. That is how my life goes on.

Once I was done, I went back inside as Jack-the half-bald guy appeared. "Do you know any grocery stores around here? I think you are still a newbie here, so I guess..."

"Of course, and I have my phone on me so I can open my GPS... you know..."

"Cool. I...would want to ask you to buy fresh cow milk and cheese all fresh and oatmeal...corn alright? ' You cool with it?" he handed a credit card, so I took it and put it inside my pocket. Cool. I thought I was about to spend my own money for this.

The resort has a fresh yet relaxing breeze of air. It feels like good for a person who wants to heal their soul. It's actually the tagline. From the nearest store almost ten minutes away from the resort, I went in and directed to carry everything that has been told. I finished looking until I decided to lie on line through the cashier. There was only one-alone cashier since it was just a mini grocery store, so everyone should lie on line, which is kind of annoying, honestly. A girl was in front of me who was also standing - but I know she wants to sit now. I can sense it-and she smiles at me. Once it was her turn, the entrance door suddenly opened, and there came in a tall guy with a different wolf cut hairstyle clean and neat face. Perfect triangle jawline and his eyes were neatly green. It makes him attracted, and it honestly makes my eyes attached. He was wearing navy blue short sleeves with buttons up and a khaki slocks. Well...formal yet attractive attire would easily attract people. His thick and black eyebrows curved when he finds me scrutinizing him. (I wasn't really) I almost stutter when he offers me harsh looks as he goes on his way.

"Rude." I whisper. He really is. But he seems familiar to me. Maybe he was once my customer or something, but of so...he should've greeted me "hi" or "hello" or "nice to see you again," right? I hope I'm good at remembering stuff, but he isn't that important to turn my head into mess today.

Why did I even bother myself? "Uh... miss? What did you..." a cashier says.

"Uh, sorry, here it's uhm...fresh milk and a...uh cheese, and also some corn oatmeal." I don't really have to say that it's just that I have nothing else to say. Making eye contact with him was the last thing I considered but ended up I didn't. Because I don't really have to.

As I started to move, I looked behind me, and the weird guy was already behind me. He uttered: "Excuse." Oh, cold.

"Uh... sorry."

-reign

******

😘and my next chapter is....😘