Chapter 1| strange

Since Forever Wonderland has always been blocked off until my older brother and some of his friends found a way through and to a high school where they all studied also for as long as I can remember my mother has been putting pressure on me to get...

Since Forever Wonderland has always been blocked off until my older brother and some of his friends found a way through and to a high school where they all studied also for as long as I can remember my mother has been putting pressure on me to get a letter from a fancy school like Auradon, oh how I would love to go there I had heard many stories from there and me and my two best friends have been dreaming of going there.

One of my best friends is my half-sister, you see my mother and her father kind of like each other and are dating so we are around each other all the time, but there is always a piece of the trio of hearts like one is missing when we hang out and that one is Lizzie we all met walking along the paths of wonderland as I was talking to the Chesire cat trying to lead the way back home but we got lost and I bumped into a girl with red and black hair she introduced herself as Lizzie hearts the daughter of the queen of heart.

Of course, after I heard this I almost ran away because she and my mother are the worst of rivals and my mother had told me stories about her and her daughter but she was actually very sweet but before I could run away we ran into our other half Madelyn hatter the daughter of the mad hatter, thankfully the only place we could all hang out was her dad's tea shop where we could talk freely to each other and her dad never judges Lizzie because she is not her mother.

When we were fifteen we were talking about how we wanted to go to school and I told them about Auradon so I started my story.

"once upon a time long, long ago."I said dramatically at the table we were seated at in the corner." well, more like 20 years ago."I said rolling my eyes and they both laughed."Belle married her beast in front of 6,000 of their closest, personal friends. big cake."I said swiping my finger across the cake in front of us and they were even more intrigued." yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon."I sighed after." he rounded up all the villains and sidekicks, basically all the really interesting people, and he booted them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there."I said and finished my story.

"I can't believe all those pretty princesses get to live there and we are stuck living in a mad wonderland," Lizzie said sighing and putting her head on her hand.

ben's pov

I looked out to the entrance to the isle of the Lost and Wonderland and thought about the kids that lived there, they don't have the lives we do even though some of them are princesses. It all just isn't fair they should have a chance, especially the ones that are good and from Wonderland even though they are mad.

"sleeve head." the person who was taking measurements for my coronation where I would be crowned king said as I just stared out the window next to me thinking about my decision and who I was going to bring over from Wonderland and the isle of the lost he pulled my head to the front to measure it and once he was done I looked out the window nervously.

"how is it possible that you're gonna be crowned king next month?" my dad asked walking into the room with my mom's arm linked with his taking my attention away from the window."You're just a baby." my dad said and my mother scoff.

"he's turning 16, dear," she said happily.

"Hey, pops," I said trying not to sound nervous for what I was going to declare as my first order of business.

"Sixteen?" he said taking his glasses off." that's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42," he said and my mom stopped folding the laundry she was distracting herself with and she scoffed.

"uh. You decided to marry me at 28," she said in a low voice and I smiled at my parents.

"it was either you or a teapot." he joked and I chuckled at my mom's shocked face." kidding," he said and looked at me. I stood there and hesitantly tried to walk off the platform.

"Mom, Dad..."I stopped as the man held me back.

"ah!" he said loudly and I stepped back into place for him.

"I've chosen my first official proclamation." my mom looked at my father and they both smiled."I've decided the children in Wonderland and on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."I rushed it out making me even more nervous when my mom gasped and dropped the clothing she was holding."every time I look out to the island and the magical fence between Wonderland and Auradon, I feel like they've been abandoned."I explained stepping off the platform not caring anymore about the fitting.

"the children of our sworn enemies and lunatics? Living among us?" my dad asked pointing out the window.

"We start with a few at first only ones who need our help the most."I said and my mother nodded for me to keep going and I smiled at her."I've already chosen them."I said smiling.

"Have you?" my father asked stepping forward and my mother grabbed his arm and held him back.

"I gave you a second chance." she said looking up and holding him back." who are their parents?" my mother asked trying to be reasonable.

"For Wonderland, I have chosen Alice Wonderland, mad hatter, and queen of heart."I paused and waited as my mom's eyes widened at the last two but she nodded for me to keep on going." Cruella de vil, Jafar, evil queen, and Maleficent."I said and the man behind me screamed hearing the name.

"Maleficent!" my dad yelled." she is the worst villain in the land!" he yelled again but wasn't hearing me out.

"Dad, just hear me out here..."I tried to reason with him.

"I won't hear of it." he said still not reasoning with me."they are guilty of unspeakable crimes. And I don't have a problem with Alice's daughter but she is still very mad but the mad hatter and queen of hearts I wouldn't be surprised if her daughter didn't cut off everyone's heads here and the hatter's daughter would drive everyone insane." he said explaining everything wrong with wonderland but that's why I wanted to give them a chance.

"Dad, their children are innocent. and Wonderland people are not as mad as you think they are everyone is a little mad everyone once in a while."I said trying to reason with him still as people started to leave the room." don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? a one where Lizzie Hearts can learn how to become a good queen one day?"I asked him"Dad?"I said tilting my head to the side as he thought about it and my mom and. I just looked at him waiting for his decision.

"I suppose the children are innocent and not as mad as everyone thinks." he said nodding his head." but you will need to send out letters to their families."my dad said pointing a finger at me and I pointed to my desk.

"already started pops," I said and he looked at me and nodded starting to walk away and waited for my mom but she came in front of me fixing my coat.

"well...well done." she smiled at me and I smiled back at her." shall we?" she asked hooking arms with my dad as they walked out of the room.

I went back over to the window and looked at the aisle before drifting my eyes to the rabbit hole beside the tree that was blocked off.