010. happy ending... or not?

Kimberly woke up in the hospital wing, the soft glow of the morning sun filtering through the tall windows. The familiar scent of antiseptic potions and clean linen filled the air. She tried to sit up but felt a wave of dizziness wash over her. Madam Pomfrey was at her side in an instant, gently pushing her back onto the pillows.

"Easy now, dear," Madam Pomfrey said, her voice soothing. "You've been through quite an ordeal." Kimberly's mind raced as she tried to remember what had happened. The last thing she recalled was the chilling sensation of Voldemort's presence and then... darkness. She glanced around the room, her eyes landing on the bed next to hers, where Harry lay, still unconscious but breathing steadily.

"Harry..." she whispered, her voice filled with concern.

"He'll be alright," Madam Pomfrey assured her. "He's a strong lad. He just needs some rest, like you." Kimberly nodded, feeling a bit of relief. As she lay back, trying to piece together the fragments of her memory, the door to the hospital wing opened, and Professor Dumbledore entered, his eyes twinkling with a mix of relief and concern.

"Good morning, Miss Snape," he said kindly. "I'm glad to see you awake. Oh, tokens from your admirers?" Dumbledore walked in and stood between both beds.

"Admirers?" Kimberly questioned.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you two and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." He smiled. "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs." He grabbed the box and showed her.

"Ron was here? Is he alright? What about Hermione?" Kimberly asked, her voice filled with concern.

"Fine, they're both fine," he replied, smiling at Kimberly. "I didn't know you were such a caring person, Miss Snape." Kimberly chuckled in response.

"Professor," Kimberly asked, her voice trembling, "what happened? Is Voldemort gone?" Dumbledore's expression grew serious.

"Voldemort's physical form was indeed destroyed when Professor Quirrell met his end, but his essence lingers. We are safe for now, but his threat is far from over. And relax, the Stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around."

"But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" Kimberly asked once again.

"He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

McGonagall taps her glass, and everyone quiets down. "Another year has gone by, and now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. The points stand as follows: in fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." Everyone claps except for the Slytherins. "In third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points." Everyone claps except for the Slytherins again. "In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place, with 452 points, Slytherin House!" Finally, Slytherins all clap loudly.

Kimberly, sitting at the Ravenclaw table, joined in the applause, though a hint of disappointment lingered in her eyes. The Slytherin table erupted with cheers and smug grins, clearly enjoying their victory. McGonagall raised her hand for silence once more, her eyes twinkling with a familiar gleam.

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin," she said, her voice carrying a note of approval. "However, recent events must be taken into account." The Great Hall fell silent, students leaning forward in their seats with bated breath. Kimberly exchanged curious glances with her fellow Ravenclaws.

"I have a few last-minute points to award," McGonagall continued, her gaze sweeping across the hall. "To Miss Kimberly Snape, for outstanding bravery and quick thinking in the face of danger, I award Ravenclaw House fifty points." The Ravenclaw table erupted into cheers, Kimberly's friends clapping her on the back as she blushed furiously, a small smile playing on her lips. The point tally adjusted, showing Ravenclaw now in the lead with 476 points. "Well done Kimberly!"

"To miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, fifty points. To Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has ever seen these many years, fifty points. And third to Mr Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points."

"We're tied with Slytherin." Hermione shouts. "And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom."

The Great Hall held its breath as the final tally adjusted. With the addition of the points, Gryffindor leaped to the top, overtaking Slytherin by a narrow margin. The Gryffindor table exploded into cheers and applause, Harry receiving pats on the back and cheers of congratulations from his housemates.

McGonagall smiled warmly at the students. "It appears that we need a change of decorations," she said. With a wave of her wand, the banners in the Great Hall transformed, displaying Gryffindor's scarlet and gold. The hall filled with the sounds of joyous celebration, the camaraderie among the houses evident despite the competitive spirit.

Kimberly, still beaming from the recognition, caught Harry's eye across the hall. He gave her a nod of appreciation, which she returned with a tiny smile. Despite the rivalry and dangers they had faced, the bonds they had forged were stronger than ever.

The next day, the Golden Trio prepared to head home, packing their trunks and bidding their farewells. Kimberly stood nearby, watching them with a mix of emotions. Despite her tough exterior, she had come to respect and even care for Harry, Hermione, and Ron. As they made their way to the Hogwarts Express, Kimberly approached them. Her eyes softened, revealing the good heart hidden beneath her stern facade.

"I suppose this is goodbye," Kimberly said, her voice uncharacteristically gentle. Hermione smiled warmly, reaching out to squeeze Kimberly's hand. "It's not goodbye; we'll see each other again next year." Ron nodded in agreement, grinning.

Harry stepped forward, meeting Kimberly's gaze. "Take care, Kimberly. And remember, help can come from the most unexpected places." Kimberly scoffed, a small smile playing on her lips. "I will. Goodbye, Harry. Goodbye, all of you."

As the Golden Trio boarded the train and found their compartment, they waved to Kimberly from the window. She stood on the platform, watching as the train pulled away, her thoughts a whirlwind of this year's events and the uncertain future ahead.

As the Hogwarts Express disappeared into the distance, Kimberly turned and walked back towards the castle, her mind already planning how she could make her own mark on the wizarding world, inspired by the bravery and friendship of the Golden Trio.

𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙨𝙖'𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚!
and... that's the end of act 1! see you in act 2!