3

Mumbai Skyscrapers 📍

Sunlight streams through floor-to-ceiling windows, illuminating a sleek, modern office. NEEL (20s, sharp features, designer suit) sits at a mahogany desk, a scowl etched on his face. He stares at a stack of financial reports with a growing sense of dread.

MR. Oberoi (50s, imposing, silver hair), Neel's father, enters the office, a triumphant grin plastered on his face.

MR. Oberoi Neel! Just signed the Malhotra deal. Huge win for the company, son!

Neel manages a tight smile.

NEEL Congratulations, Dad. That's fantastic.

Mr. Oberoi claps him on the shoulder, a little too forcefully.

MR. Oberoi You'll be handling the post-acquisition integration, of course. Learn the ropes, son. This is your chance to prove yourself.

Neel feels a surge of frustration. Business. Always business. He glances out the window, yearning for a glimpse of something other than steel and glass.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Dehradun Train Station 🚉

Sunlight bathes the bustling Dehradun station platform. MALANG (20s, warm eyes, simple clothes) steps off the train, a duffel bag slung over his shoulder. He takes a deep breath of fresh mountain air, a sharp contrast to the city he's about to face.

Excitement battles nervousness in his eyes as he unfolds a crumpled piece of paper with an address scribbled on it.

Malang (to himself) Okay, Malang. You can do this. Mumbai, here I come!

He approaches a rickshaw driver, a gruff-looking man with a handlebar mustache.

MALANG Excuse me, bhaiya. Do you know where this address is? (Shows the paper)

The driver barely glances at it.

RICKSHAW DRIVER (Gruffly) Malum , kisi aur ko puch le!!!

Malang's smile falters. He tries another driver, but the response is the same. Dejected, he looks around, the cacophony of the city overwhelming. His phone, clutched in his hand, suddenly goes dark.

Malang (to himself) Great. Just great. Dead battery.

He stands there, lost and a little scared, a stark contrast to the confident Neel in his Mumbai office.

A kind-faced OLD WOMAN (60s) approaches Malang, noticing his predicament.

OLD WOMAN Lost, beta?

Malang hesitates before explaining his situation. The woman listens patiently, then gives him a reassuring smile.

OLD WOMAN Don't worry, beta. I know that place. Follow me.

Malang (grateful) Thank you so much, aunty! I really appreciate it.

The woman leads Malang through the bustling streets, offering glimpses of the city's vibrant life. As they walk, she chats with him, easing his initial anxieties.

.
.
.
SMALL APARTMENT 🏢

The woman stops in front of a simple, crowded apartment building.

OLD WOMAN Here you are, beta. This is the address. Welcome to Mumbai!

Malang thanks her profusely. He takes a deep breath and enters the building, ready to face the challenges of the city, his determination fueled by a mix of fear and hope.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Malang raised his fist and knocked twice on the worn wooden door. Butterflies fluttered in his stomach – a mix of excitement and relief at finally reaching his destination.

The door creaked open, revealing a familiar face.

It was Sushila aunty, Netra's mom, her kind eyes crinkling at the corners with a warm smile.

"Malang beta! You finally arrived!" Sushila aunty exclaimed, pulling him into a tight hug. Her embrace held the comforting scent of cardamom and cloves, a reminder of home.

"Namaste, aunty," Malang mumbled, a little breathless from the journey.

Suddenly, a voice called from inside the apartment, "Mom, who is it?"

A moment later, Netra appeared, her face flushed with a mix of guilt and relief. "Malang!" she exclaimed, rushing to hug him. "I'm so sorry! I completely forgot to pick you up from the station. How terrible of me!"

Malang chuckled, brushing off her apology. "No worries at all, Netra. I managed just fine. A kind lady helped me reach here after my phone died."

Sushila aunty chimed in, her voice laced with a  scold. "Netra?how careless of you, agar malang ko ho jata toh???? "

Malang said in soft voice "no no Aunty netra told me last night to call her after arriving at station but my phone got dead,so its not her fault ap usko mat dantiye"

Netra stuck out her tongue playfully. "Alright, alright, Mom. I apologize again, Malang. It won't happen again, promise."

Malang smiled reassuringly. "No worries at all. It's great to be here, finally."

Sushila aunty ushered them inside, ushering Malang to a worn but comfortable sofa. "You must be exhausted, beta. Sit down, rest for a while. I'll make you some chai. The train journey must have been long."

Malang settled on the sofa, grateful for the hospitality. He glanced around the apartment, a warm feeling blossoming in his chest. This small, cozy place was already starting to feel like a home away from home. He knew with Netra by his side, navigating the big city wouldn't be quite as daunting.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The aroma of freshly baked roti filled the small apartment, a comforting scent that reminded Malang of his home. He sat at the dining table with Netra, their plates piled high with steaming vegetables and a simple dal.

Sushila aunty, a picture of domestic bliss, served them warm rotis, her eyes twinkling with affection. "So, Malang beta, how's your family? Is everyone well?"

Malang smiled, a warmth spreading through him. "They're fine, aunty. Missing me a lot, but they're happy for me."

Netra elbowed him playfully. "Of course, they are! Who wouldn't be happy for you?"

After lunch, Netra led Malang to a small, tidy room. A single bed, a wardrobe, and a small study table filled the space. It was simple, but it felt like a sanctuary after the chaos of the train journey.

Malang flopped down on the bed, letting out a contented sigh. His body felt heavy with exhaustion, and his eyelids were drooping.

"Finally, some peace and quiet," he mumbled, closing his eyes.

Netra, ever the chatterbox, couldn't resist. "Malang! Don't sleep yet! We have so much to catch up on!"

A sharp voice cut through the air. "Netra!" Sushila aunty appeared in the doorway, her hands on her hips. "Let the boy rest! He's tired after the long journey. You can talk to him later."

Netra pouted dramatically. "But, Mom... he's my best friend!"

"He's also your guest, and he needs rest," Sushila aunty replied firmly. With a dramatic sigh, Netra retreated, but not before shooting Malang a mischievous grin.

Malang smiled back, feeling a wave of gratitude wash over him.

_______________________________________