seven

ZOE'S REPRISE
04x15

"i had a really nice time tonight." Lucas smiles, as him and Abby walked back towards her apartment. "me too." Abby agrees, pulling her keys out of her bag.

"we gonna do this again sometime?" Lucas asked as they approached the door to Abby's apartment. "yeah. i think i'd like that." Abby smiled, placing her key in the key hole.

"okay." he nodded, looking down at the girl as she unlocked the door. "well, i guess this is goodnight." Abby said, now standing in the doorway of her home.

"no, this is goodnight." he replied, taking Abby's face in his hand, and leaning in to kiss her. the blonde immediately kissed back, placing her free hand on his cheek.

once they pulled away, Abby huffed and Lucas just smiled. "goodnight, Abby." he said, seeing how red the girl was. "yeah, good- goodnight." Abby responded, before he turned to walk away.

when he was gone, Abby shut her door, and squealed as she locked it. she pulled her phone out of her bag, before tossing the bag onto the counter, and kicking off her shoes as she dialed a number.

"oh my god, mom, you are not gonna believe what just happened." Abby said as soon as her mother picked up the phone. "hello, sweetheart." her mother said.

"he kissed me, mom! can you believe it? he kissed me!" Abby exclaimed, as she walked into her room. "of course i believe it. you're gorgeous. any man would be lucky to kiss you." her mom smiled.

"oh, now don't make me blush, mom." Abby joked, as she pulled pajamas out of her drawer. she heard her mother laugh on the other line, making her smile.

"how was the date it self though, Abby?" her mom asked. Abby and her mother, Stephanie, were extremely close.

they had wine night every Friday night, if Abby wasn't away on a case. Stephanie had met every single member of Abby's team, and often stopped by the BAU to see how it was going, considering she helped start it.

she knew every little detail of Abby's life. she knew when someone pissed her off. she knew about every case Abby went on. and along with Abby's team, knew she was seeing someone. Stephanie actually called Garcia and insisted on a background check, that came back squeaky clean.

"uh, the date was amazing." Abby grinned, flopping back onto her bed, "first, he picked me up. then, he drove me too..."

. . .

the next morning, Abby walked into the office with a pep in her step, and a huge smile on her face. "well, good morning, sunshine." Morgan greeted as Abby walked into the office.

"good morning." Abby beamed, placing her bag on the table, and walking over to the coffee pot. "you are awfully happy this morning." Emily smirks, bringing her mug up to her lips. "yeah. i am." Abby says, filling her mug with coffee.

everyone just goes quiet, and Abby turns to look at them. "did you really forget?" Abby asked, frowning at Emily. "Abby, how could we? you've been talking about it for the past, like, 2 weeks." Emily laughs, and the girl smiles.

"AG, how was your date?" Morgan asked, and the girls smile got bigger, if that was possible. "ah, it was so good!" Abby exclaimed, sitting at the table with Penelope.