♚2♚

[Jungkook POV]

Paper upon paper containing the work of the kingdom. I can't think about the outside world anymore because every day is spent in my busyness. The task of managing the kingdom probably increased a lot after I became king. There is no time to take a normal breath. Maybe I can only get some rest at night anyway.

But how is that girl able to dominate my brain during this short break? Fuck.....I can't sleep peacefully at night because of her. It has been almost a year and a half but she still haunts my dreams, even when I close my eyes a little, she appears in my imagination.

I thought maybe when her anger subsided, she would come back again but in this year and a half her anger hasn't subsided? Actually it turns out that she doesn't like me as my mother said. She doesn't want to be with me. I am the one holding her back. She didn't even wanted to marry me in the first place, I forced her. She was released, but why am I still imprisoned?

"Your Majesty?" I regained consciousness when Commander-in-Chief Kim Namjoon called me. I don't know how long I had been floating in her fantasy!

"What were you guys talking about? I got a little distracted," I said pinching my glabella.

"Your Majesty, the clinic you set up in the western region needs to spend some money to improve it. The doctors' salaries are in arrears and the environment of the hospital is getting dirty," said Prime Minister Dong Young-bae.

I was a bit confused and said, "Why? Chief Executive Officer of the clinic Bang Chan is responsible for all this. Why didn't he take any action?"

Bang Chan stepped forward and bowed his head, saying "Your Majesty, there is a shortage of money for clinic expenses."

I looked at the Prime Minister and said, "Ask the treasurer to fund the clinic. If necessary, use the revenue savings. The clinic should not be stand still, understand?"

"But Your Majesty revenue....." Kim Namjoon paused.

"What happened to the revenue?" I now turned to the Commander-in-Chief.

"The subjects have stopped paying revenues as well as producing crops. It was heard they are planning to go on a strike," Kim Namjoon said in a low voice.

"All over the country?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yes."

"Where does it originate?"

[Author's POV]

Namjoon gets scared when the revenue matter comes up because it involves his daughter. He knows that Y/N caused the revenue trouble. He also warned his daughter not to get involved in any trouble in the kingdom but Y/N was very determined. She does not want the people of the country to suffer because of the evil king's deeds. So she won't back down.