4. The Detention

N A R U T O :

Silence is an awkward shit. especially when two individuals are seated across from one another.

When they both despise one another.

For the last three minutes, the moonlight inhuman girl has been glaring at me, and I am returning the favor.

Not a single word has been spoken between us. But I can decode thousands of cuss words from those eyes staring back at me.

None of us attempted to break the silence, and none of us were interested either.

but someone else was, "is Hinata Hyuga here?" A voice came from the door, and Hinata's head snapped immediately.

I wonder what she would do if I told her, I won the glaring contest, huh.

"Yes, I am here." She stood up, and a teacher entered with her mobile in hand. "Here's a call for you." She handed the phone to Hinata.

The eyes that were glaring the shit out of me not two minutes ago had transformed into fear and concern; I wonder who was on the other end....

"Yes, Dad." Oh, Dad. she bit her lower lip slightly, her head dropping in utter concern, the longer she talks. Not only did I see concern, but also fear; what is she afraid of?

Her hand was tightly fisted in her skirt, as if she was trying to control herself. "No, dad, I just punched him because it was his fault," she said calmly, and I raised my brow, wondering where the furious Hinata had gone.

She nodded and shook her head like a child, and suddenly her frowning lips softened into a beautiful smile. My heart slammed against my ribs as I saw that happiness in her eyes and those beautiful pearls sprinting with life again.

Everything became blurry except for Hinata, and I could only hear my heartbeat. I could not see anything but Hinata; my entire being froze, as if time had stopped and it was just us. She giggled at something the person on the other end said, and I found myself wanting to be that person.

She never smiled at me like that, and she never will. But right now, I was willing to go to any length to see that angelic smile every day. She is breathtaking.

After a few seconds, she hung up on the person and sighed with relief. Her eyes met mine, and the smile disappeared. I could feel my heart squeezing. I should not care if she smiles or not at me; she despises me, and yet it felt like a bullet to my organ.

She raised an eyebrow, and I realized I had been staring at her for eternity without breathing. I immediately looked away and took a deep breath to calm my stupid heart, which was beating so loudly that I imagined Hinata could hear it as well.

"Alright you both, one hour no fights. These are your assignments. I expect you to complete it by the end of the hour." Iruka sensei instructed, and we nodded.

The moment Iruka sensei was out of the library, I took out my air pods, "I will be sleeping in the ba ck." I told Hinata that even though she had her own pods in her ears, I knew she was listening.

I did not play any songs; instead, I went and laid on the Bench, where I had a perfect view of her.

The afternoon sun rays pierced the window ans the brown library looked vibran.

Hinata was working on the assignments sensei had given us, and every now and then she would bite her lower lip, look up at the ceiling, and start solving again, as if she remembered everything.

The girl can't sit still.

She would keep tapping her feet, get excited when she got the answer right, and then focus again. And I can not take my gaze away for a single second....