A Strange Kind of Wrong

Charlie is many things, but timid isn't one of them. She doesn't even bat an eyelash before shrugging her dress off right in front of me once we're in her room, and I turn around, blushing.

I hear her scoff a laugh behind me. "Nothing here you haven't seen before - unless you get dressed in the dark, which wouldn't surprise me."

Trying not to let my embarrassment show, I tap my hands against my heated cheeks in an effort to cool them down a little before I slowly twist around again. It's no use as I feel my blush get deeper as I see Charlie standing there in her underwear, her brows raised over a faintly amused smile.

"What are you so red for? Never seen a half-naked transsexual before?"

"Can't say I have," I reply through a tight throat, keeping my eyes close to the floor.

She laughs as she walks over to her closet and opens it. "You're cute. It's a shame you're not into girls like me."

My balance suddenly becomes nonexistent, and I have to strain every brain-cell I possess to stay upright. "W-what?"

"I'm just saying," Charlie says with a shrug, rummaging through her clothes. "I'd have probably made a move on you if you were."

Not knowing how to respond to that, I sit down on the chair by Charlie's desk and process quietly. She sighs deeply as she pulls two dresses out of the wardrobe and holds them up.

"I'm gonna regret asking, but which one do you like better?"

The dress on the left is white, smocked and short with long sleeves made of mesh, whereas the one on the right is equally short but petroleum blue and rather subtle, though the square neckline and thin straps still make it eye-catching.

"Uh... this one," I say after thinking it over for a moment, pointing to the blue dress.

Charlie pouts. "Yup, I was right, I regret it." She tosses the dress onto her bed and takes the white one off its hanger, searching for the zipper for a while before she finds it.

It takes some time until she manages to maneuver her arms through the mesh, but once she does, I can see why she chose to wear this. With her long auburn hair and brown doe eyes, she looks absolutely angelic.

"Zip."

I walk over and pull the zipper up, and she turns around to me once I'm finished. "I need to teach you some things about fashion, otherwise we really can't be friends."

"Wow," I say through a laugh, smiling widely. "I'm not holding out much hope in that case."

"If I can teach a golden retriever to jump through hoops, I can teach you how to dress."

"You did that?"

"It was summer vacation, I was bored. That dog was stupid, though. Took me a whole day to make him learn that the hoop isn't a chew toy."

"Nietzsche, right?"

Charlie rolls her eyes. "Dumb name for a dumb dog."

"It is very Grayson, though."

She grimaces, shushing me by putting a finger over my mouth. "You must not say the 'G' word in my presence."

Puzzled by the strange gesture, I simply nod and Charlie nods back before withdrawing her hand. I almost forgot those two can't stand each other. Charlie continues to go through her closet and pulls out a pair of pink satin heels, slipping them on with a content sigh.

She goes on to shove the paper bag of clothes we bought earlier into my hands, and I promptly change into the outfit she picked out. In the end, the bell-bottoms won, and I pull the black top on after putting them on. Charlie rolls her lips together as she checks me out, and I squirm under her intent gaze.